Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Alex.Kim
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    ROM
    Serendipity VII

Question Root for Gingerbread 2.3.5?

Any ideas on when we'll be getting root access for the new Gingerbread update? Thanks
    Caddyman46 likes this.

Subbed. Interested in this as well. Latest SuperOneClick didn't work.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate using TapaTalk.
    Last edited by btswein; 01-11-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: Root for Gingerbread 2.3.5?

subbed also...I'm ready to root this thing now

I found some useful information at XDA. It did work for me hope this helps anyone looking to root.
    Thanked by 3:

Nice..I,ll have to check out the XDA post. Thanks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

ROM
    FireFly 3.0/SpeedMod K13E

Another thing you could do is installed a prerooted kernel. I installed Samurai kernel that has root built in. Then you just install superuser from market. And it already has a custom recovery built in. Simply flash via Odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Worked like a charm

The Odin kernel method for rooting the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 has been causing wi-fi issues, at least on Captivate's, probably on other androids as well. You've been warned! Can't wait for a new superoneclick for rooting with Gingerbread 2.3.5 though. The previous superoneclick will NOT work on Captivate's however. Another warning for poor saps like me scouring the web for means of rooting Captivate's. My very first post, and I wrote a freaking novel. Whoops...

Can someone walk me through this? I have no experience with Odin at all. I rooted Froyo with SuperOneClick, but that doesn't work with GB.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate.

ROM
    NexsMod 5.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by stew1411 View Post
    Another thing you could do is installed a prerooted kernel. I installed Samurai kernel that has root built in. Then you just install superuser from market. And it already has a custom recovery built in. Simply flash via Odin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    Where did you get this Samurai kernel from? I can't find it. o:

Quote Originally Posted by Doggage View Post
    The Odin kernel method for rooting the latest Gingerbread 2.3.5 has been causing wi-fi issues, at least on Captivate's, probably on other androids as well. You've been warned! Can't wait for a new superoneclick for rooting with Gingerbread 2.3.5 though. The previous superoneclick will NOT work on Captivate's however. Another warning for poor saps like me scouring the web for means of rooting Captivate's. My very first post, and I wrote a freaking novel. Whoops...
    I had to rebuild mine after I did it.. no wifi with it..

Yep...caveat Captivate...I rooted my phone after updating to GINGERBREAD 2.3.5 with these instructions and every time I plug in the USB cable or turn on the WI-FI she just freezes up. I have to take out the battery and re-start. EVERY TIME...a gigantic p-i-t-a. Any thoughts on finding a remedy for this?

Firmware 2.3.5
    Baseband I897UCKK4
    Kernel 2.6.35.7-I897UCKK4-CL614489
    Build Number GINGERBREAD.UCKK4