overclock on cm7

chaoschink

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
the phone been kind of choppy when i run some of the newer games with fancy graphics, so im thinking about to do a little overclocking to about 1200 mhz, is it safe to simply change to max cpu frequency to 1200 under the cm7 performance setting? or i should flash a reliable kernel?

apbthe3

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
It's safe to do, as long as your phone can handle it. Worst case, you'll start getting lockups and shutdowns if you go too high.

I always found the Glitch kernel to be faster than the stock kernel anyway, so much so that I never bothered OCing it. That's another option as well, and also supports overclocking.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
the phone been kind of choppy when i run some of the newer games with fancy graphics, so im thinking about to do a little overclocking to about 1200 mhz, is it safe to simply change to max cpu frequency to 1200 under the cm7 performance setting? or i should flash a reliable kernel?

I miss cm7 sometimes especially with the uot kitchen mods and glitch kernel. It just doesn't feel smooth anymore though. Its fine to oc in the settings. It will go to the maximum that's there for most cappys just fine. It may get worm though. Also as stated using glitch 13 was awesome. Not only did it oc the CPU but it automatically ties in whole system bus speed like live oc does now. Except with cm7 you can oc to 1.5ghz stable for most which takes the GPU/bus speed to 250Mhz from 200mhz which nearly impossible to achieve on anything else afterwards...I miss it. But ICS and jelly bean aokp are very smooth

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet