1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Exclamation Captivate Rooting Help!!!*

Forgive me if this is flagged as double posting.
    I've been doing a lot of research on how to root my samsung captive, the most recent thread i have posted a reply on relating to this was titled "Everything You Need To Know To Un-"Cripple" Your Captivate".
    Following step by step I'm stuck at a very important part.
    When it comes to placing the 'update.zip' file on the internal memory/sd (which I can not find....) I've hit a wall. I've come across nothing throughout the given options having to do with internal memory. In retaliation, I placed the zip file in multiple locations, none of which have worked. If someone could please help me with this, I would be greatly appreciative.

Default Re: Captivate Rooting Help!!!*

Step 1. Connect your phone to your computer and copy the renamed update.zip to the root of your internal memory (/sdcard on the phone)
    Step 2. Turn the phone off after file transfer is complete
    Step 3. Hold both Volume Up and Volume Down while powering on the device to enter the recovery menu
    Step 4. Select Reinstall Packages from the recovery menu using Volume Up and Down to navigate, and Power to select
    Step 5. Phone will automatically reboot, and you will have root privileges, and the Superuser program installed.

You can place the file on the SD card and get the same results

My own 2 cent would be to update to The Collective ROM ( 4.2.2 ) ( google install collective rom on captivate )

If you can get into recovery you can update to ( The Collective ROM ) it flys on the captivate

Google , Captivate , One Click Oden ( back to stock ) you will need to get into download mode for this ( again google is you friend )
    Google , Install CWM Captivate
    Google , Flash the Collective ROM and Gapps for 4.2.2 , google will have all the info you need for this
    This is a stable and very fast ROM on the Captivate
    Google is you friend , you may also get detail for flashing and more info at XDA developers
    After installing CWM you should make a backup of ,
    1. the stock ROM ( stock from Oden ),
    2 each respective ROM you flash

You can then flash any ROM thru CWM , just be sure to flash the correct Gapps for same , i.e. 4.1 , 4.2 , ect