Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Without unlocking the phone you pretty much won't be able to use it for a phone. And unlock codes are pretty much non-existent from ATT because of the newness of the device. You might be out of luck on this one.

Emre,

Call AT&T, explain that you will be travelling to turkey and want to put a turkish sim-card in and pay local rates rather than US rates. If you're an AT&T customer in good standing, they likely will give you the unlock code. I've done this for two phones now (both were high end phones when I did this) 1 samsung and 1 motorola; but not my captivate - it's managed through my work.

If it doesn't work, maybe you could hang up and try again (it'll be a different customer service rep) or ask the person you're talking to transfer you to their supervisor. Keep asking until you get someone who helps you.

AoN

AoN,

Thanks for your kind advise. When I was in USA I called AT&T 3 times but they said they couldnt give the code because it is just special for AT&T customers. So, I have never been an AT&T member before.

Then, I heard that if someone who has an AT&T membership can get this code for me and I called my friend in USA. He said that is ok but they need phone and sim card in USA and I didnt have a chance to send my phoen back to USA.

Anyway I am trying other solutions such as rom loading or may be pay some web-sites to unlock it.

If you have further advise that makes it unlocked I would be appreciated. Thanks.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

can someone please repost 64bit usb drivers link seems dead

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

anyone know the command to remove att family map and att hot spots and att music? if so please help thnaks

Ok I've read through all the pages and can't figure this part out. When NOT in debugging mode my computer detects my phone and allows SQLite to look through all the files. However when I go to change it I get the message that the file is read only. Obviously I need to put it on debug mode. When I put it on debug mode and connect it, the computer only recognizes two new drives (not the actual phone) and when they are click it says I need to connect a drive. Any ideas? I've been banging my head against the desk for the last 45minutes trying to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpikeusmc View Post
    Ok I've read through all the pages and can't figure this part out. When NOT in debugging mode my computer detects my phone and allows SQLite to look through all the files. However when I go to change it I get the message that the file is read only. Obviously I need to put it on debug mode. When I put it on debug mode and connect it, the computer only recognizes two new drives (not the actual phone) and when they are click it says I need to connect a drive. Any ideas? I've been banging my head against the desk for the last 45minutes trying to figure this out.
    Nvm, Should have read more carefully from the beginning. Finally got this to work! Thanks so much!

Default Permission denied

I am getting permission denied after the following steps...

adb shell
    *daemon not running. starting it now *
    * daemon started successfully *
    $ su
    su
    Permission denied
    $

And that is as far as I can go. I am using Windows 7 and thought it had to do with its permissions so I used the permission registry to take ownership of a folder and still it did not work. I also tried it on a different machine with XP and still got the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

You'll need to root your phone before you can use the 'su' command in adb.

Can someone please repost the 32Bit drivers also. The link is down also.

Thanks
    Coldheat06

ROM
    Cognition 2.2

OK -- I'm having a problem with this. When I click on the link for the USB drivers, I get this message:

{"error": "Invalid access attempt for this token"}

When I attempt to connect the USB to the phone with debugging on, I click on 'mount', but my computer does not recognize the USB device.

The Android SDK doesn't show support for Windows 7, is that going to be a problem? I'm trying to have everything loaded and downloaded before I start.

Quote Originally Posted by idrankwhat View Post
    The Android SDK doesn't show support for Windows 7, is that going to be a problem? I'm trying to have everything loaded and downloaded before I start.
    I have the SDK installed & working in Windows 7 x64.

thank you so much, this will help alot when i get my captivate.

Default Thanks Much!

This worked great. Thanks for the recipe.

Mike

Links for drivers do not work

Quote Originally Posted by godzulu View Post
    Links for drivers do not work
    Fixed - should be good to go now.

I am getting a very wierd thing going on here, I'm using Win7 X64 Ultimate, everything is working fine, but I only get 8 seconds to type in the cp command. It auto enters what i type after 8 seconds.

Any help here?

Maerlim: Thank you!!

New to the Droid world (goodbye iPhone) and this is my first post. Your guide was easy to follow and I did not end up with a brick :-)
    Last edited by X2Board; 10-31-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Default Followed it to the letter

This is great...My phone is unlocked and kickin ****....
    I bought the phone...I'll do what I want with it.
    oh btw I'm using the Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 from ATT

Hi! I need help trying to un-cripple my captivate. Can you explain what to do exactly for the following:

Quote Originally Posted by maerlim View Post
    *** Enable Sideloading of Apps ***

Connect USB to phone with USB Debugging ON
    Command prompt
    cd to SDK install directory

cd tools
    adb shell...

Adb is a utility in the android sdk, in the 'tools' directory. Google, or search the forum for "install android SDK".

I imagine that info is probably in this thread somewhere.

Hope this helps,

AoN

Default its prob just me

help! ok, so iv gone as far as turning on the USB debugging. with it on, my laptop wont recognize my captivate. with it off, it links just fine. what am i doing wrong? im running windows 7

I used the Z4Root app.

Works perfectly.

Get it in the Market, it's free.

I get stuck on the editing of the settings.db file

I cant get the file to my desktop unless I just copy it from my phone.

But when I do open the file with the SQlite there is nothing under Secure that says "ID 6", just one that says id, also nothing that says "install_non_market_apps".

I also cant double click on anything in the SQlite to make any edits.
    I'm stuck at this point and cant figure anything else out.

Perhaps if someone emailed me the edited settings.db file, I can put it on my phone and run the rest of the cmd from there.

Any help , please.....
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast