Wireless Tethering

writerman

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

thepuke

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Windows Mobile user looking to go to the Captivate. A relatively simple registry edit allowed me to tether with my Moto Q9h using only the $10/mo. "Family Data" plan, and the phone has full talk/text capabilities while connected to my laptop.

Trying to find out, before I take the plunge, does tethering w/ the Captivate disable voice? An answer would be much appreciated; thanks!

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Voice still works but bluetooth is disabled while tethering through USB. I don't try to tether with bluetooth because of the speed restrictions with bluetooth.

tongsitat

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I was using pre8 prior to the recent AT&T update and it's working fine.. ever since the AT&T update came, it stopped working, I tried pre9 today and it's still not working. Whenever I Start Tether, it simply says that "phone is in unknown status, please reboot your phone"... does anyone experience same?

retnuh

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
After the update, I started using "Easy Tether", the free version. It's a great app. I have it setup to automatically complete the connection when ever the phone is tethered. The paid version, which allows you to connect to secured sites, is only $10.

dindingwe1

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
received following error messages when wifi tether starts
1. loading wifi firmware failed
2. configuring softap failed
3. starting softap failed
4. activating wifi interface failed
pls help

i'm using at&t samsung sgh-i897

and yes it is rooted