Can any developer make an LED app for the Captivate ?

ArtursBoy

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Can any developer make an LED notification app for the Captivate ?

So I know there is no LED notification indicator on the Captive, and I know about the LED notification app that makes a little square light up on the screen. But I was thinking, wouldnt it be nice to have one of the four touch sensitive buttons at the bottom light up as a notification indicator ? Like the Home button ? This would be nice for other phones as well.

Last edited:

rob989_69

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There's a post over at XDA where they're trying to do just that. From what I understand they are having problems finding the controls for the buttons though.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
it would be just cool if they can have the whole screen of the phone blink/flash colors that u assigned in according to the different notification rather than 1 small dot/square on the screen.

Bignick84

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe someone answered you in another thread, but the XDA guys finished their app. It's caled NoLED and it's free on the Marketplace.

nanodroid

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
it would be just cool if they can have the whole screen of the phone blink/flash colors that u assigned in according to the different notification rather than 1 small dot/square on the screen.

There's an app called Missed Message Flasher in the Market that blinks the screen. It flashes just the lock screen though. No clue if it's worse/better for the battery than NoLED.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy