Install blocked?

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
OK phone is back on, but the guy in the video said nothing about taking the SIM card out, so I am assuming that I just need to go to ATT in the morning and just get a new SIM.

Thank you so much for all of your help, apparently the AV was the issue, it was done in 6 minutes flat with it uninstalled. Is this now going to be a sticky?

*EDIT*

Turned off the phone, removed sim, plugged sim back in, turned it back on, 87685629 texts started pouring through, a complete success, thank you very much again.

Reactions: melvinaury

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OK phone is back on, but the guy in the video said nothing about taking the SIM card out, so I am assuming that I just need to go to ATT in the morning and just get a new SIM.

Thank you so much for all of your help, apparently the AV was the issue, it was done in 6 minutes flat with it uninstalled. Is this now going to be a sticky?

I dont know i dont make the call on stickys i think it would be good to merge it with another odin thread though ...to be honest i stopped working since this started because i didnt want to leave you with a bricked phone. im really glad this worked .... looks like ill be here till 4am lol....

is your sim not working anymore?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

*EDIT*

Turned off the phone, removed sim, plugged sim back in, turned it back on, 87685629 texts started pouring through, a complete success, thank you very much again.

Glad to hear it, and congrats

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I was able to do the odin wipe and reinstall. Now when I try to root wit the one click root it will not go onto my phone. I have the root.zip file moved to my phone root drive which shows has L:\ removable. I then change it to update.zip. Then I start the app from my desktop. It recognizes my phone saying down loaded zip file. Then phone restarts and when I go to reinstall packages it starts and then a res message showing cannot find update.zip file.
I have been trying since 11 pm and it is now 2:30am My phone is working but I am thinking of trying the Ryan OCLF and just using it to root to get Titanium Back up and ROM Manager on the phone. Would that be ok to do or why will the TJA one click not worked. It worked before I used Odin.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
guess i jacked it up i had the 3 button option then have lost it after doing Odin and "start" wasnt able to get to Master Clear. Is this thing called a Jtag the only thing that will save me now.

Is your phone still plugged into the USB and Computer? If so remove it from the USB cable and pull battery again and then reinstall. I was having the same problems plus I was not able to get the One Click Root onto my phone until 11 AM today. I was up till 3am thinking I bricked my phone but after a couple hours sleep I went and reinstalled Odin and one click root. Then I started from scratch and I am at least rooted wit Rom Manager and Titanium Backup on the phone again.

Now my problem is my phone updated itself to 2.1 update1 from the Odin stock system. Now my phone will not recognize my Titanium Backup off my computer when I put it back into the root folder. I cant get my contacts back onto my phone which is about the only thing I care about.

I am going to do Odin again and put the cog ROM onto the phone later. I find like everyone says it is really hard to brick the phone. My cable came out in download mode and also my battery. All I did was DC the USB cable from phone pull battery and put in. My phone started up with no problems.

Mikehe

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
well after ordering an awesome USB dongle from mobile tech video guys, i was able to get it back into usb download....after fighting with it some i found some help that told me to use the original ODIN and i installed a .pit file and another file based on a link that was provided, once this was done phone came back up online then i skipped over to the latest ODIN app and did master reset, had to do it twice just left usb cable in and on second attempt the red screen came up and reset. then went back to following the captivate videos and followed steps from there....i have cog 3.04 loaded which is froyo 2.2, now my greed wants 2.3 is this possible. thank you guys for help if there's anything this newbie can do to help please let me know. :cool:

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Question's regarding root.

Hello. I just registered to the forums and converted from a Blackberry Bold 9700 to my first Android phone 2 weeks ago(Captivate). I have been reading up on rooting and trying to answer all my questions, but have yet to get a solid answer, so I come to you guys for help.

1.) If I root my phone, is there a stock Froyo 2.2 Rom that I can put on? I really want to have as close to a pure google experience as possible. I am NOT looking for a custom rom, but rather run the phone like the stock Nexus One or Nexus S.

2.) If number 1 is possible, does running this result in the "lag fix" everyone is talking about?

3.) If number 1 is possible. will I lose ANY normal functionality that I currently have on my phone right now( Samsung's stock Android 2.2, Rogers)? This one is big, because I would rather keep what I have, than have a 3/4 working OS.

4.) I know people say that your able to unroot. If I do the procedure correctly, will I be able to return the phone to the EXACT state it was before it was rooted.

I apologize if these questions have been beaten to death, I would really like to just figure out if rooting the phone is for me. Im not looking for anything custom, just to use the Android OS in the original form that it was made.

Thanks all for your time and hopefully PATIENCE! :)

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly new to this myself, but I'll try to help the best I can.

1.) If you are running Samsung's stock Android 2.2 for Rogers then that is a stock Froyo ROM (2.2 = Froyo).

2.) No, you would have to apply a lagfix separately. Ryan's OCLF is in the Market...VooDoo Lagfix is also very popular.

3.) See #1.

4.) I believe so...unrooting will leave the phone completely stock.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
but i dont even have that on my htc aria but all my other friends have it, i only have three options, what should i do now

AT&T blocks sideloading apps you need to either use
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...40770-ac-sideload-wonder-machine-windows.html

or learn to use adb and use the install command

http://forum.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/56697-how-quick-adb.html

my thread instructs how to do that , but sideload wonder machine is awesome

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
but i dont even have that on my htc aria but all my other friends have it, i only have three options, what should i do now

AT&T has taken out the sideloading option on their phones. All the apps you download must come from the market. If you don't have 2.2 on your phone, you can root and re-enable it, but if you have 2.2, you can't root, and you're out of luck.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
AT&T has taken out the sideloading option on their phones. All the apps you download must come from the market. If you don't have 2.2 on your phone, you can root and re-enable it, but if you have 2.2, you can't root, and you're out of luck.

wait sideload wonder machine and adb install dont work?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
wait sideload wonder machine and adb install dont work?

You know those moments when you make yourself look like an idiot? Yeah, I just had one of those :)

And now I realized you beat me by two minutes, and now I look like more of an idiot lol. It's been one of those days.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You know those moments when you make yourself look like an idiot? Yeah, I just had one of those :)

And now I realized you beat me by two minutes, and now I look like more of an idiot lol. It's been one of those days.

No way bro, you are the man, you took the bull by the horn with the captivate section. Been real proud of you and we all over look some stuff. i have those moments everyday lol

Reactions: ls377

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance