AT&T Captivate: bootloops & sd card not being read!!!

drego317

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
i just flashed a stock gingerbread rom back on my captivate after i experienced issues with running the kit kat firmware which caused my phone to no longer read the external sd card. After flashing back to GB everything seemed to be working fine till i have to turn off of the phone. when i would start it up again it would get to the "s" screen then it will start looping over and over until i eventually take the battery out. i've tried to wipe the cache but it will just keep looping. can anyone help me out or at least give some info on this and possibly my sd card problem? any help appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:

drego317

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: bootloops & sd card not being read!!!

Did you clear cache in recovery? Try a factory reset?

yeah. but it still loops. i can get it started after i reflash the rom but i wanna find an actual solution. you think it has something to do with my sd card not being read? i also tried to wipe the "disvik" (i believe its called) and it the screen would just go black or freeze.

Last edited:

drego317

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

now its saying firmware update failed with a pic of the phone, a exclamation point and a computer. it wont let me enter download or recovery mode!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

now its saying firmware update failed with a pic of the phone, a exclamation point and a computer. it wont let me enter download or recovery mode!

You can try connecting to Kies. That might fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

drego317

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

i was able to get out of the failed screen now im just trying to get my phone back to stock and actually run again. you think if i downgrade to eclair or froyo and update through kies it would work? and do i flash the downgrade firmware and then a stock or kk kernel or just the firmware itself?

right now the phone would reach the att startup screen and then just go black afterwards.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

i was able to get out of the failed screen now im just trying to get my phone back to stock and actually run again. you think if i downgrade to eclair or froyo and update through kies it would work? and do i flash the downgrade firmware and then a stock or kk kernel or just the firmware itself?

right now the phone would reach the att startup screen and then just go black afterwards.

Just the firmware. That will flash the kernel. I would go to froyo.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Hard to say with Hotfile self dismantling. Try Samsung updates, sammobile, or maybe XDA.

drego317

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Hard to say with Hotfile self dismantling. Try Samsung updates, sammobile, or maybe XDA.

ok i found a froyo and i flashed it through heimdall and it was successful. it went throught the boot screens but after the galaxy s screen it just goes black. should i try it with the bootloaders? it gave some warning about it when i checked the box.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I am honestly out of ideas. Sure give that a try.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol