Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Flashing back to stock Help

I simply want to flash back to stock...with bloatware and all.

I have been coming into permission problems and all, I can't use titanium backup to backup my apps and all, but I can re-download all my apps and the ones I paid for and reinstall them for free due to them remembering my phone number am I correct?

Also...seeing how I can't get Oneclick lag fix to work, due to superuser persmissions closing EVERYTIME! (even after trying to fix permissions on rom manager...)

Am I able to flash to stock rom using Odin and NOT have to undo OCLF?

I just want to go back to stock...and either reroot it and go with voodoo lag fix or wait till froyo comes out.

Oh...what is the best way of going through rooting it? I used the Beast update.zip method. Anyone?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    I simply want to flash back to stock...with bloatware and all.

I have been coming into permission problems and all, I can't use titanium backup to backup my apps and all, but I can re-download all my apps and the ones I paid for and reinstall them for free due to them remembering my phone number am I correct?

Also...seeing how I can't get Oneclick lag fix to work, due to superuser persmissions closing EVERYTIME! (even after trying to fix permissions on rom manager...)

Am I able to flash to stock rom using Odin and NOT have to undo OCLF?

I just want to go back to stock...and either reroot it and go with voodoo lag fix or wait till froyo comes out.

Oh...what is the best way of going through rooting it? I used the Beast update.zip method. Anyone?

Thank you!
    The absolute easiest way is by doing what I do every time I try out a new ROM:
    Odin One-Touch
    http://www.thevod.org/misc/captivate...l-OCD-REV0.rar

Power down the device
    wait about a minute
    start odin
    then hold in both volume buttons while plugging in the usb cable
    then click start
    Joey
    Samsung Captivate
    All FroYo'd and stuff...
    Thanked by 2:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I was going to do Odin, didn't know if I didn't undo the OCLF if anything would be screwed up...sick of not being able to use certain apps...really annoying!

Should I take out the battery and sim card as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jflexe99 View Post
    I was going to do Odin, didn't know if I didn't undo the OCLF if anything would be screwed up...sick of not being able to use certain apps...really annoying!

Should I take out the battery and sim card as well?
    I never pull teh battery or SIM...
    Joey
    Samsung Captivate
    All FroYo'd and stuff...
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sweet, I will probably do it tonight before bed, or early morning. Already exported my contacts to my SD card...now I just have to download all my apps again...fun fun!

Any roots better than others? Most are just update.zips

Like I said I used the "Beast" one, with getting rid of AT&T bloatware, worked great, but didn't know what caused my current problems. Any other updates that root and get rid of bloatware? Thanks!

Will i lose ringtones/pictures/ etc when i do the odin reboot?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Items saved on your external SD you won't. You can always backup all those ringtones, pictures, apps and all through titanium backup I believe. Or manually to computer...but I am just going to redownload it all, seeing how I can't use titanium due to superuser permissions....why I am going back to stock.

Don't forget to export your contacts to your external SD, i also put it on my desktop for extra security
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got the download screen up...no problems...going to start soon.

Then I get to update it and root it. Hope it works fine with the new update.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Well it worked, back to stock format..now to work on it all over again, SWEET! Thank you Joey Bear

Importing my contacts from my SD card...saved their facebook images and all, SWEET!!!

Default Me too =)

Ok i'm not having as many problems at the other guy BUT i still want to go back to stock.. currently i have the OCLF installed and ran.. and a ton of apps.. ANYWAYS i wanna go back to fresh stock state..

Will using the odin one touch this remove all of the stuff.. (root lag fix ect..) or is there anything i need to do before i run it?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Darkomen64 View Post
    Ok i'm not having as many problems at the other guy BUT i still want to go back to stock.. currently i have the OCLF installed and ran.. and a ton of apps.. ANYWAYS i wanna go back to fresh stock state..

Will using the odin one touch this remove all of the stuff.. (root lag fix ect..) or is there anything i need to do before i run it?
    This is how I flashed back to stock - and it worked for me, but it may not work for everyone. Check out the XDA forums about this before beginning as they will be able to provide good info for you.

Download Titanium Backup and have it do a complete backup of everything. Run ODIN to flash back to stock. Once you are done, you will need to root again. I used Unleash the Beast to root as it includes a way to sideload the apps that you have backed up to Titanium (otherwise, you will be blocked from restoring your apps due to ATT). There are other ways to manually enable sideloading apps, but it requires a lot of steps using Android SDK, so I found Unleash the Beast the easiest way around this. Once you run Unleash the Beast to root, you will need to add your Gmail account so you can access the Market and then you will need to download Titanium Backup again from the Market and download Android Terminal Emulator. Start Android Terminal Emulator (it will be a blue screen like a command prompt) and type in "su" - it will ask for Superuser Permission. After that, type in "sideload" or "sideloading" I cannot remember which - try both. It will then acknowledge that sideloading is enabled. Close out the Terminal and go to Titanium Backup. Enable USB debugging first and then go to the Backup/Restore tab. Click menu and then Run Batch Operations. If you only want to restore your apps, look for Restore Missing Apps and Data and select that operation. You will have to tell each time to install the apps (unless you buy the full version). Be patient, depending on how many apps you have it will take a while. That should be it. Oh yeah, left this out. To get the One-Click Lag Fix working again, do not restore that app. Download it again from the Market. After you are rooted, the option available to root is "unavailable" but the option to install EXT2 tools should be available. Once you install those tools the new updated app has the option to install LagFix V2+ which runs a little faster than V1+.

Going along with this, I found that after I ran the ODIN 3 One click process (different from just ODIN) to flash back, running a Master Clear helped too as it removed all of my old data that seemed to conflict with some of my settings. NOTE: THIS WILL DELETE EVERY THING ON YOUR PHONE - PULL YOUR SD CARD BEFORE BEGINNING TO BE SAFE! You'll want to back that data up to your SD card before you do anything (before you start this process). Specifically, you will want to backup your Titanium Backup folder as that is where all of your apps are stored, unless you had it back up to the SD card. Once you are done with the Master Clear, move the Titanium Backup folder back to your phone. When you open Titanium Backup after re-rooting, all of your apps will be missing, don't panic. You will need to click Menu and then Refresh and they should pop back up again - if not, then you did something wrong and will need to do it again.
    Last edited by s2h2golf; 09-22-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: update
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just used odin that bear provided...I exported my contacts before I did it to back up. Those are the only actually important things to me. I can always redownload apps. Working great now!

Oh if I forgot, obviously eveything is back...I rooted it, OCLF is done, I can't seem to get Voodoo saved onto my SD card via email....so I couldn't try that. But With almost no apps and all on it...runs amazing. Faster than before. I am so happy these phones are SOOO easy to work around and there are tons of experience techs out there to provide us such ease at our fingertips! A big thank you to everyone who develops and researches roms, flashing, apps, kernels, leaks, and anything else for our phones!

And a big F U to apple!
    Last edited by jflexe99; 09-22-2010 at 08:35 AM.

I am having some problems getting the download screen to come up with the instrutions that have been provided. Can someone clearify the process? Thx.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Quote Originally Posted by KDB9000 View Post
    I am having some problems getting the download screen to come up with the instrutions that have been provided. Can someone clearify the process? Thx.
    This is the "official" way to do it, but I have done it without taking out the battery, SIM card and CD card. Also note that some people have problems entering into Download and Recovery mode on their phone and there appears to be no fix available except through SDK.

Before shutting down phone, go into settings and enable USB debugging (settings > applications > Development). Also make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed on your computer, along with having the usb cable plugged into your computer (not your phone, not yet). Power down phone.

1. Remove battery, SIM and SD card
    2. Open ODIN (one click or ODIN 3, depending on which program you are using).
    3. Holding down both volume buttons (up and down), replace battery.
    4. Still holding down both volume buttons, plug in usb cable into phone.
    5. Once you see the android digging with the yellow triangle and the words "downloading," you can release the volume buttons.
    6. ODIN should say connected or something like that - then you can click start
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by s2h2golf View Post
    This is the "official" way to do it, but I have done it without taking out the battery, SIM card and CD card. Also note that some people have problems entering into Download and Recovery mode on their phone and there appears to be no fix available except through SDK.

Before shutting down phone, go into settings and enable USB debugging (settings > applications > Development). Also make sure you have the Samsung drivers installed on your computer, along with having the usb cable plugged into your computer (not your phone, not yet). Power down phone.

1. Remove battery, SIM and SD card
    2. Open ODIN (one click or ODIN 3, depending on which program you are using).
    3. Holding down both volume buttons (up and down), replace battery.
    4. Still holding down both volume buttons, plug in usb cable into phone.
    5. Once you see the android digging with the yellow triangle and the words "downloading," you can release the volume buttons.
    6. ODIN should say connected or something like that - then you can click start
    Thx for the quick response. I will try this when I get home.

The one click is the link in the 2 post correct?

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Thx for the quick response. I will try this when I get home.

The one click is the link in the 2 post correct?
    That looks right.

Also note that some people have problems entering into Download and Recovery mode on their phone and there appears to be no fix available except through SDK.
    How do I do this with the SDK? Holding the Volume buttons while putting the battery in and plugging the USB in does nothing for me (it just has the charging battery one it).

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

How do I do this with the SDK? Holding the Volume buttons while putting the battery in and plugging the USB in does nothing for me (it just has the charging battery one it).
    How to enter download mode:
    Method 1: (ADB - from recovery or normally booted with usb debugging on)
    1.Open a cmd prompt/console/shell
    2.adb shell
    3.adb reboot download

You'll need SDK installed Android SDK | Android Developers

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

thx for the tips, s2h2golf. wish i had seen your posts when i started researching the whole flashing thing, you would have saved me some time
    motorola startac > kyocera 2035 > motorola v120e > samsung a900 > nokia e71 > iphone 3GS (jailbroken) > iphone 4 > samsung captivate (froyo/rooted/oclf)