** Froyo Available on Captivate **

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Nice! Just plopped it on mine. Time to test this puppy out.

thumb_550_samsung-captivate-froyo.jpg

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Oooooo. Keyboard's been rearranged. Jerry and I are doing benchmarks. Have been hearing weird things about the JIT and Samsung.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The JIT is heavily optimized for Snapdragon processors in particular and doesn't provide nearly as much of a performance boost (in linpack anyways) for Motorola phones (TI OMAP processors), Galaxy S phones (Samsung Hummingbird processors), and older phones with older Qualcomm processors.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i wanna do this, but i dont wanna lock my phone out of an official froyo. didnt something like that happen with motorola recently? but man oh man do i want that gps fix!

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
so are the crashes in the normal os, or in certain things in particular? i'm not sure i know what JIT is. you think this is safe to go ahead and use?

I think he heard things about froyo on other Galaxy S phones. No crashing or problems with this leak.

braj

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I won't dare update now, but I am really wanting to hear about how much it improves things. This must mean the official release is coming sometime soon no?

boricua365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for someone to reply and post a comprehensive update on what is working and what is fixed. Specifically I'd like to know about the Exchange account and if there are any bugs w/ this ROM (I use Exchange a lot), as well as any other major bugs that will drive me nuts.

Phil? You seem to be the authority, any chance you can elaborate a bit?

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, I figured I'd give it a shot. I was an all-stock, non-rooted user prior to the 2.2 flash.

It was gravy. Seriously, the process was about 10 minutes. The GPS seems to actually WORK now, and the phone runs far better overall. Tested most basic functionality, and everything works just fine. Quadrant score of 992 now, while it was 740 before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac