Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Have Stock Froyo 2.2 rooting issues

I currently have Froyo 2.2 on my Captivate. I can't seem to find anything on how to root it, all rooting instructions are for pre 2.2. All my rooting attempts have failed, 2.2 needs an updated root.zip file that I can't seem to find.

Download mode is now different with 2.2, also no luck here.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I don't have a recommendation for this, but I am wondering how you got 2.2 without rooting.

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by jperiod View Post
    I don't have a recommendation for this, but I am wondering how you got 2.2 without rooting.
    You don't have to be rooted to install Froyo. Froyo is installed using Odin one click if you don't have root. If you are rooted you can use Rom manager and install a zip by several cooks that have included froyo in their Rom.

I am having a similar problem. I have FROYO installed using ODIN. I tried different methods to root but I keep getting this error no matter the root method: E: Signature Verification Failed. Installation Aborted.

Any suggestion?

If you are trying to root on Froyo there is a new 2E recovery that is available to flash using odin. Check it out in XDA and see if that helps you.

Thanks I will let you know