Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow I'm New to Android - Which Rooting Method should I use?

This is my first post, so please take it easy on me

Okay, so my new Samsung Captivate should be here today, and I just wanted to get some background information on the different rooting methods before I jump on the bandwagon and just start doing everything without knowing about the different methods.

Soo, can somebody tell me which methods there are to root this phone, and what the features and advantages/disadvantages are with each method?

I've hacked some phones before, so its not a totally new concept for me, just i haven't done it in a long time.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

Captivate Android Development - xda-developers

XDA is your friend. Just look through the posts and there are some on rooting, adding ROMs, etc.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

xda developers is a good place to start for general android and captivate-specific topics. but the SuperOneClick method is proly the easiest way to root your captivate. the video walkthrough makes it a no-brainer