1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Official 2.2

i really don't feel like waiting 2 weeks or however long it takes to get it pushed to me. anyone know where the file is online to download directly to the phone

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.3.4 / Stock

It's only for the International Galaxy S - the US based carriers haven't completed the builds for release yet. You can get the unofficial leaked version at XDA.
    Motorola Droid > HTC Aria > Samsung Captivate (Serendipity 7) > Virgin Mobile Optimus V (CM7) > Motorola Atrix > HTC Flyer
    Droids!

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just get the Cog 2.2 beta...it will satisfy you till official comes out, then with root and lagfix and all...if lagfix will be needed...

I am on beta 2, loving it. He comes out with new betas almost every week...I just don't want to upgrade everytime. I think 5 was the last release till Froyo actually rolls out, haha, such good lies.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

cog 2.2 beta 5 is awesome for now. cappy is twice as fast.

ROM
    AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich

I'm gonna jump on the band wagon here and recommend the cognition 2.2 beta. It works flawlessly and the improvements in speed, gps, and overall usability are extremely noticeable. Also, no bloatware!

can somone put a link to download cog 2.2? i cant find it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ameis314 View Post
    can somone put a link to download cog 2.2? i cant find it, thanks
    If you go to xdaforum.com you will find all the best info. You really should search over there for the latest and greatest ROMs, tips and tricks to make the Captivate a great phone.

So, if I still have baseband version I897UCJF6 (since I have not received the OTA update) and I do not have the three button reset available to me, is COG still a smart upgrade for me to try?

Since this discussion is about leaked software and/or ROMs, I'm going to move it over to the ROMs/Hacks section where more folks who are interested in that can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    So, if I still have baseband version I897UCJF6 (since I have not received the OTA update) and I do not have the three button reset available to me, is COG still a smart upgrade for me to try?
    What you should do is go to the dev section at XDA. I just there is an update.zip that will give you the 3 button combo. Look for a thread started by DesignGears. You can always flash kernels and use ROMs but without the 3 button combo if you get the dreaded phone+computer screen you will be screwed.
    Thanked by:

can i upgrade if im runing ucjh7, sorry new to a smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg480 View Post
    can i upgrade if im runing ucjh7, sorry new to a smartphone
    Yes you can upgrade. Just download the odin preinstalled with froyo and rock and roll. Or you can root, install Rom manager and install a ROM that way that is preinstalled with Froyo on it.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Has any of the leaks fixed the exchange server issues?
    1. cant reply to emails, only sends back blank message
    2. Cant accept or deny appointments being pushed.
    3. No contact or calendar sync with server.