my phone is too stock....

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
So I updated to 2.2 and have used the one click lag fix and I have a quadrant of 1600-1800 consistently but I hear about people having 2400+ and I have been trying to use cognition and unleash the beast to try and get there but they both fail. I tried them both before the one click lag fix. Would it be better for me to go back to 2.1 and use all of the available hacks for that? I do use my GPS often enough where the GPS fix does help a little. I just want someone who knows how to get cog or unleash the beast working on my phone to give me a little feedback.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Since this thread is about modifying your phone from stock, I'm moving it to the ROMs/Hacks section. You may get better help there.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry about what your quadrant score is. It doesn't matter when it comes to how your phone acts. If you are on Froyo running COG it will be faster with operations than Eclair and an EXT2 lag fix. If you have ever noticed that Voodoo is a EXT4 lagfix with a lower quadrant score but safer and better results. Check out several of the options in the dev section at xda and read up about what you want. You have Cogintion, a new AOSP ROM which is in beta and there is a ROM made by SHEP with one of them having HSUPA enabled.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I've tried cog and I haven't heard about the second one. And what is hsupa? And when I say I've tried cog it just wont install. I've tried it mulptiple times even before I tried and installed the ext2 lagfix and it didn't work. My phone just rebooted as normal and is still on the same "stock" software. And I am rooted... if that makes any difference.

flashman03

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
You will need to do the 2e recovery kernel in order to use clockworkmod. There is a thread on how to do this, it is just download the file, open Odin and install the file in the pda slot. After the 10 seconds to flash you will be able to load ROM's using clockworkmod.

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
stupid me forgot to unistall my lagfix and it bricked my phone. had the phone to computer screen so im waiting on odin to HOPEFULLY bring me back to stock... on a blue screen now. =/

edit. pulled phone and restarted the process and it went by in 30 seconds. phew.

Last edited:

AlexWilde23

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
im trying to do the 2e clockwork flash and it says success 0 failed 0. what gives? and i also cant get my phone to mount to the comp either...? ive pulled down the tray and tapped the select to copy from/to your computer and still nothing. ust brings me to the usb connection page where i can do is click connect to usb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000