cog is great but still no gps :(

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
so after having the phone for 3 months i finally got around to customising it yesterday

im using the captivate in ireland have had it rooted and unlocked for a while

flashed cognition onto it yesterday which got rid of the lag issues i was noticing brilliantly and im running launcher pro and 6 home screens andhave things set up nicely now with everything i need(still ahvnt set up 3g to work on my irish network but ill get around to it)

but

gps still wont lock on, im not even sure if im trying to do it right

i cant find were the settings the people in the gps settings thread are talking about

can anyone link me to a step by step guide for trying to fix my gps?

any little gems of apps or widgets i might have missed when i was setting things up yesterday?

im using launcher pro
doggcatcher for podcasts
power amp for music
beautifull widgets
handcent for messages
dolphin hd
jorte for calender
facebook
twitter
engadget
stats free

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Download Any Cut from the market. There is an option to create a shortcut to LBSTESTMODE. That will get you into the menu for GPS.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Depending on which version of Cognition you are using, you may already have a shortcut to LBSTESTMODE. Check your apps.

With Launcher Pro you can add a direct shortcut to your home screen by long pressing and selecting shortcuts > LauncherPro Shortcuts > scroll down to LbsTestModeLaunch and select that. It will place an icon on your screen.

Reactions: Irish#AC

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Depending on which version of Cognition you are using, you may already have a shortcut to LBSTESTMODE. Check your apps.

With Launcher Pro you can add a direct shortcut to your home screen by long pressing and selecting shortcuts > LauncherPro Shortcuts > scroll down to LbsTestModeLaunch and select that. It will place an icon on your screen.

thanks ye i found the test mode alright and changed the settings around(didnt even think to write down what they were which might of been a mistake
)

tested outside and it locked onto 1 very quickly and then it took a minute or two to get 2 more but the third dropped straight away and kit kept two locked on but was giving no location details

db was around 35

ill try it again after my exams but if i ogt this working i would absolutely love my phone as its very good right just annoys me that its not perfect

prim8

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
He could have just made a shortcut since he is using Launcher Pro.
Hold down on the page like you're going to go a widget.
Click Shortcuts
Activities
Expand LbsTestMode
Click the top option: com.sec.android.app.lbstestmode.LbsTestMode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc