Cognition Rom help

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
flashed cognition rom (the beta released mid november 2010) yesterday. on my browser i've been getting: no network connection browser cannot load this page because there is no internet connection. that's on dolphin. stock browser is getting a similar message. there's no problem with the internet. as soon as i click "ok" the page loads without a problem. anyone have any suggestions? i've rebooted, cleared my history and my cache. same result. i'm running a rooted captivate.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Try toggling your AIRPLANE mode on/off; I have seen some guys over there use that to reset their modem to solve weird data issues. Does the new Cognition flash the new modem that came out? This is probably better asked to the xda guys, but it may be that you do not have 850 mhz coverage in your area and the modem is trying to connect at that first?

I have not checked the last couple builds of Cognition (using another one until CM), but the modem files seem all the rage especially with the brand new one that came out. If the new cognition is using one of them, that might be a good place to look first.

Is this over wifi? Does it say the same thing over wifi as 3g?

Reactions: GuyverV

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
all the info i posted, i should have put that too. the issue is happening over 3g and wifi. i don't know which modem came with the rom (i'm about as novice as they get). i think your fix worked. i've tried several different sites and haven't gotten the message. hopefully it sticks because i'm loving this rom. probably won't even get the official froyo now thanks to cognition. thanks for the assist

GuyverV

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
i spoke too soon. it came back. it seems like the problem is intermittent and more prevalent in the stock browser than dolphin. after i use your fix, it goes away for a few hours and then comes back. if i figure it out, i'll let you know.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I perused the xda thread for cognition... lots of activity there, and quite a few people with non-working 3g or broken wifi. Didn't see your exact issue, but there was some talk of flashing the JJ4 modem only with ODIN. Or roll back to a previous version of Cog since it seems the latest one causing the trouble.

I would try flashing JJ4 (after reading more... almost too many posts for Cog, which is why I switched lol) and see if that resolves it. If not, try a previous version of Cog.

There were some posts in the 1065 page range discussing having to manually add your APN for ATT to get the phone to hit 3g again. Since your problem is hitting wifi too, did not look too closely, but you may want to search on APN in that thread and see if the data posting the correct settings matches what yours has. I know squat about APN (still learning), so no help from me on that.

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I used the same ROM on mine, and it works fine.

Make sure when you flash, you do the Master Reset first. You want it to be a fresh flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal