Perception 7 Problem

steve2526

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed the Perception 7 ROM and overall I'm pleased. I have just two issues and can't find an answer to either.

1) the new install only includes the Android keyboard. How do I get the Swype keyboard back?

2) I had Titanium Backup installed on my stock ROM and thought that I had backed up all my settings, apps, etc., but now I can't find them. I did a batch backup - was that not the correct way to do it?

It's not a problem if I have to reinstall my apps -- except that I live in an area where I get one or two bars on Edge! :mad:

steve2526

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
1) [ROM]Perception Build 7 (CogKernel2, uv/oc, Voodoo5, tons of tweaks) - xda-developers under Add-ons

2) That should be the correct way. Check on your SD card for a titanium backup folder and see if the backup is actually there - if not there's not a lot you can do.

Thanks Ragnar. It looks like the backup didn't include my apps, so I'm downloading them again.

As for the swype add-on. I downloaded and extracted the zip file on my desktop. I assumed that I copy the full file to the SD card and then run the apk file, but the file would not install.

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
All the add-ons are installed via clockwork recovery. Download to sd card and install from there. Best way to install any of the add-ons or themes with Perception 7 is to flash right after installing P7, before the first boot. Something in the way voodoo writes files and data doesn't like to have things flashed over it.

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
And as far as the force close issue, it seems like the non overclock version is more stable than the oc/uv version. I'm running the non overclock version and haven't had one issue. Yet...

steve2526

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's a few more issues that have come up since flashing B7 48 hours ago:

1) Battery life is awful. Currently at 90% about 1 1/2 hours after unplugging from a full charge. I've sent 2 IMs and spent about 20 minutes on the web and the market.

2) Multiple forced closes last night in an area that flipped between 3G and H. I've seen others reporting this issue on xda-developer

3) Still can't play flash videos from within Firefox's mobile browser. I installed Flash Player 10.1 from the market, but can't find it and it didn't help.

I know I'm new to Android and flashing ROMs, but I know enough to realize something ain't right. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan