Please help me!!

kateschuss

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I rooted my phone and deleted the bloatware on my samsung captivate. I only delete the apps i did not want, but i am not an experienced android hacker so i might have done something stupid. My issue is when i try to download an app in the market this message pops up.

"The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_202012092328_android_process_media.l og has been saved. Use *39900# to copy out log"

I have tried force closing the market but it does not work. un rooted my phone and it doesnt work. deleted the app that i used to delete the bloatware thinking it could be the app interfereing and that doesnt work either.

I am so sad and helpless. I would greatly appreciate any help you would be willing to provide.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Kaschlus, I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We'll do our best to help. Firstly, did you delete the bloatware or simply rename the apks? Also, did you check out our threads or search as to which applications were safe to remove/rename?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Ahh okay, I just wanted to make sure first. There is a chance you may have removed something crucial to the operating system. But before I tell you that you should do a factory reset, I'm hoping someone else can chime in just in case there may be something I'm missing.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It would take more time to hunt down and fix this problem than it's worth - your best bet is to backup anything you need, and then do a factory reset. You can do this by going to Settings>Privacy>Factory data reset.

Not sure if you will stay unlocked after this, but you can always unlock again by downloading "SGS Unlock" from the Market.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No problem, any time! :)

I agree with ragnarokx, though. I think your best bet is to just do a factory reset. Otherwise you may find yourself doing more damage to your phone -- physical damage albeit -- from added frustration haha.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thats why i was thinking you may have to flash the OEM rom vs a factory reset...

again i dont know how to do that, maybe you guys know how to do that,,,,,

if all else fails maybe you can side load shoot me. take pictures of your system/app folder and i could compare what apk's you have vs my girlfriends captivate

kateschuss

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
ok so i attepmted to do this. and i feel that i succeeded since it locked my phone. but your sgs unlock program worked like a charm but unfortunately did not fix the app market problem.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So you flashed back to stock and you're still having that problem? What did you do after the Odin flash? What apps did you install/uninstall?

kateschuss

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
well i dont know 100% that i flashed back to stock. i was having issues getting to the download screen seeing as i dont know what it looks like. is it the system recovery screen?

kateschuss

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I cant understand how to use odin, and get to the downloading screen
I tried to use ROM manager and flash a ROM using that but for some reason it gets stuck on installing and does nothing and when i tried a different one it said it couldnt find the location