[ROM] Cognition

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When you flashed cog did tutu do a titanium restore?
I am having a problem with my phone and random shutdowns. Phone works fine with the stock rom but when I flash to this one my phone shuts off all the time. Have tried it on two different phones and does the same. Anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Look in my signature and check out the how to videos. One is called shut off of death or something like that. They are captivate specific videos.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried installing Cognition ROM using ROM Manager on top of 2.2 and I keep getting this error during the process:

At the reinstall packages step "E:failed to verify whole file signature and E: signature verification failed, installation aborted.

I tried the proces numerous times and keep getting the same error.

Any solutions?

Same here :(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Same here :(

Please tell us what steps you are taking in detail.. assuming you have this done already:

Rooted
Rom manager installed and you have hit "Flash Clockwork recovery"
Rom is at the root of your internal SD card.

what are the steps you are taking in detail after this point?

carbon

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Worked great for me, used update.zip and stock boot loader to root, then installed ROM Manager/Clockwork, backed up my stock ROM and then copied the Cog 2.3b8 to internal SD root and used Clockwork to update to Cog...

Worked like a charm...

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Please tell us what steps you are taking in detail.. assuming you have this done already:

Rooted
Rom manager installed and you have hit "Flash Clockwork recovery"
Rom is at the root of your internal SD card.

This is done. In ROM Manager I selected "Install ROM from SD Card", then selected Cognitionv2.3b8.zip. I then selected "Wipe Data and Cache" on the ROM Pre-Installation menu, then OK to reboot. The phone rebooted, I used the volume keys to select "reinstall packages" and then hit the power button. While verifying update package, the error comes up. I even tried powering off, holding the volume and power keys, then selected "reinstall packages" and I got the same error.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok go to rom manager , reflash clockwork,,,, dont use the install from sd option

then shut down, boot into blue recovery, apply update.zip or reinstall packages i dont remember which one and this will take you into the green recovery page. from there install from SD

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
also, download titanium back up , after it allows you super user, go down to the bottom where it says problems hit that, then agree to update busy box and go through that whole process again

ads

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I was looking over at XDA to see if the Rogers ROM might be worked into Cognition, but the Cog thread is closed. Anybody know what's going on there?
ADS

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I was looking over at XDA to see if the Rogers ROM might be worked into Cognition, but the Cog thread is closed. Anybody know what's going on there?
ADS

the rumors are that DG is getting ready to issue an updated cognition ROM (3.0) I believe.

Reactions: ads

XANAX

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what was going on, but I eventually flashed to stock with Odin and started over. Then I had no problem rooting or flashing Cognition. I'll be doing SpeedMod tomorrow when I have some free time.

Connor123

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed this ROM last night and I'm loving it!

However, last night, my phone just turned off and wouldn't turn on again until after I removed the battery for a bit. This happened after it failed to change the wallpaper, but when it booted back up the wallpaper was what I wanted it to be so I guess it worked out for the best? Haha.

Also, today my phone decided to freeze while unlocking it. I had to turn it off and on and everything was still working as it should.

This is my first ROM, so I was just wondering if little issues like this were common in the ROM scene in general, or if I just happened to do anything wrong. I used ROM manager to flash this ROM from a rooted Stock 2.1, and I used Titanium back-up to restore all apps and system data.

These are minor issues, because they seem to happen rarely, I was just looking for some reassurance that I'm not doing anything terribly wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18