Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Source: XDA Developers

Features
deodexed
zipaligned
rooted
non-themed
no lagfix, let the device work as it was designed, 2.2.1 makes good use of the HW
voodoo capable - xcaliburinhand's kernel - if you delete the content of /sdcard/Voodoo/ the partitions will be converted to ext4 next time you restart
back-light notifications support - xcaliburinhand's kernel
integrated CWM recovery
theme-able - you can use UOT kitcken to create whatever iconset you want - do this ONLY AFTER applying any addon package and by using the framework-res.apk included in the package.
Debugging enabled by default - so if, by any chance, you get stuck in a infinite boot loop you can easily open a command prompt and type in adb reboot recovery or download
System mounted as RW by default. That will help you make modifications much easier without the need of complicated commands or Root Explorer. I know it sounds scary but is not that bad, actually all partitions are mounted as R+W for the OS to function so no issue here. However rootfs is mounted as R/O which protects the rest of the system. This is how it came from Samsung, I didnt make any modification to the way the partitions are mounted.
No Superuser permission prompt when running su from Command Prompt - this might help you fix some issues with su without the need to be in home screen

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Flashed this ROM today, previously was running Cognitionv2.3b6. Enabled Voodoo lagfix for Cezar's ROM, and gets the same benchmark scores on Quadrant (~1500) and LinPack (14 MFLOPS). Has all the TouchWiz elements, runs very, very smoothly. I've only tried one ROM prior to this one, but if this one keeps this up, I'll have a new favorite.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using this ROM longer than any other (around 5 or 6 different ROMs since August) simply because it. just. works. All ROMs previous to this one were buggy as hell and worse than the stock 2.1 TW.

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay. I realize I've only given two ROMS a try (Cognition, and this ROM), but Cezar's basic ROM (no add on packs) works perfectly after a few tweaks.

As posted earlier, I was having reception problems, but I installed the JK4 modem, and now I get solid EDGE coverage anywhere. That's all I'm really concerned about as I only use 3G/HSDPA when I need GPS. But, when I do enable 3G, it works just fine.

GPS locks in about fifteen to twenty seconds within 10 meters of accuracy. This is tested, as I used Turn by Turn navigation on my way home from work (about a twenty five mile drive).

Battery life is very good. Currently at 77%
12 hours, 16 min, 7 seconds unplugged

Display 51% (43m 58s)
Voice Calls 32% (31 m 15s)
Cell Stand By 13%
Phone Idle 6% (11h 32m 9s)

Of course, I always keep my phone on EDGE, with no background syncing. This is with about twenty minutes of interweb surfing, and fifty or so text messages.

This ROM isn't coming off my phone until curiosity gets the better of me and I want to try something new. It might be a while.

Last edited:

icezar

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback guys. Is nice to see my ROM here. Follow up on XDA, some updates are coming, unfortunately I do not have enough time to follow 2 forums :(

EDIT: I will visit this thread as well though from time to time

Last edited:
Reactions: ragnarokx
Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Flashed Addon Pack v5. Was not a good idea. Phone did random shutdown three times within the first thirty minutes after flashing, but stayed on the rest of the day. However, my phone was down to 25% battery after being unplugged for about eleven hours with hardly any use. And when I mean hardly any use, I mean just that. No background syncing, no wifi connection, no social networking at all, and email set to check for new messages every hour. No text messaging, and no voicecalls...it just layed there and drained.

There seemed to be apps constantly receiving data with addon v5, as my EDGE connection showed activity every ten to fifteen seconds.

Flashed to stock using Odin, and am now running tweaked Basic Rom (Original "Old" ROM, JPY deodexed and rooted, K12H speedmod kernel, with Vibrant Replacement files GPS fix, and JK4 modem). Oh, and yes, Voodoo is enabled.

Works flawlessy, great battery life, great signal reception, GPS test shows lock in 16 seconds (indoors), within 10 meters accuracy using 3G/HSDPA, without the assistance of WiFi.

Lesson learned. If it ain't broke, don't go messin' with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton