Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Source: XDA Developers

Features
I9000XXJPY Based
Froyo 2.2.1
Telus T959TLJL3 Modem
Glitterball's Kernel
Steam Recovery (Like CWM, but uses touch screen)
Deodexed & zipaligned
Superuser + busybox 1.17.4
Extensive APN list
Bloatware Removed
CLShortFuse's GPS + JM9 Fix + Epic GPS Fix
Accurate Battery Mod
AOSP Lockscreen
AOSP Launcher
AOSP MMS App
Custom Boot & Shutdown Animation
No Boot/Shutdown Sounds
Updated Google Apps
Voodoo Lagfix
Locale set to United States
Xan's Voltage App
AOSP Icons
Complete Market, update to 2.2.7
Ad Blocking via Hosts File
Flash Player & Google Voice
Music Player from CyanogenMod
Stock Gallery App
Neldar's Kernel Flashing Application
Gingerbread Theme (Modified by me)
Skinned Contacts, Dialer, and other to match Gingerbread
Video Calling/Front Facing Camera removed from as many places as possible
Extended Power Menu
App Widget Picker (groups widgets together when selecting them)
Themed My Files (complete with AOSP icons throughout)
Updated Swype (Double click words to fix incorrect words)
Gingerbread Keyboard
Volume Key silences incoming calls
2.2.7 Market
JPA WiFi Firmware (improves battery)
Modded Armani Camera app (uses Power Button to take pictures, Volume to zoom, can take pictures with low battery, no Online Locker)
Minor details... For example I removed the annoying notification for USB Debugging, and changed the icons for downloaded/installed apps

Last edited:
Reactions: Bmel and Convert10

the3dgm

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I have with Serendipity is he updates every other day!! I've got 5.10 now, maybe I just wait a week for 6.5!!!!!! LOL

Captivated1.0

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello, this is my first time posting here and, if what I want to do works out the way I'd like it to, this will be my first time updating (rooting?) my captivate. I recently read a review on this particular rom and decided it was something I had to have and try out. The problem I am thinking I may run into initially is even being able to do the steps needed to do this type of thing for my phone. I have a pc at my home but do not have internet access. I am typing this from my phone... Is this going to stop me in my tracks or is there a way to copy the necessary files to my pc and flash it that way?

I can get to a pc with internet access this weekend if that's the case... Hoping I won't need to though. If anyone could help answer these questions and possibly help me find the files needed to get this going, I'd be very grateful. Before becoming a member here, I thought I saw multiple links to files for this, but now since logging in, I can't seem to are them anymore.. am I crazy or maybe missing something?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, this is my first time posting here and, if what I want to do works out the way I'd like it to, this will be my first time updating (rooting?) my captivate. I recently read a review on this particular rom and decided it was something I had to have and try out. The problem I am thinking I may run into initially is even being able to do the steps needed to do this type of thing for my phone. I have a pc at my home but do not have internet access. I am typing this from my phone... Is this going to stop me in my tracks or is there a way to copy the necessary files to my pc and flash it that way?

I can get to a pc with internet access this weekend if that's the case... Hoping I won't need to though. If anyone could help answer these questions and possibly help me find the files needed to get this going, I'd be very grateful. Before becoming a member here, I thought I saw multiple links to files for this, but now since logging in, I can't seem to are them anymore.. am I crazy or maybe missing something?

I've always had problems downloading files from XDA to my phone, so it might not work without a computer. Even if it does, they're rather large files, so I would hold off until you can get to a computer with internet. You also don't want something to go wrong and not have any way to look for the answer.

The files depend on if you're on 2.2 or 2.1.

Captivated1.0

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I still go ahead and wait until I can get to a computer this weekend then, good point... I recently upgraded my captivate to '2.1 -update' via the wireless update option on the phone... I thought for a second they actually had the 2.2 ready to go, but obviously they did not... Anyway, I have another question I was hoping someone could help me with. Will all of my apps and games still work/be on my phone after I flash my phone? I have them all backed up, if not, so I'm not all that worried but it would cause me a little distress if I had to manually apply them all back onto my phone I guess... The main thing I'm wondering about are apps like widget locker and beautiful widgets. I really like both of these programs and am hoping they will still work. Should I worry at all about this? Will I be able to restore then back to the way they are now in my phone?

Thanks again for the help, by this saturday, I should have this all ready to go in hoping!

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I still go ahead and wait until I can get to a computer this weekend then, good point... I recently upgraded my captivate to '2.1 -update' via the wireless update option on the phone... I thought for a second they actually had the 2.2 ready to go, but obviously they did not... Anyway, I have another question I was hoping someone could help me with. Will all of my apps and games still work/be on my phone after I flash my phone? I have them all backed up, if not, so I'm not all that worried but it would cause me a little distress if I had to manually apply them all back onto my phone I guess... The main thing I'm wondering about are apps like widget locker and beautiful widgets. I really like both of these programs and am hoping they will still work. Should I worry at all about this? Will I be able to restore then back to the way they are now in my phone?

Thanks again for the help, by this saturday, I should have this all ready to go in hoping!

The 2.2 update is available, but it's over the computer only. If you're flashing, don't worry about it.

Your apps won't be on your phone, but after you root, you can back them up with Titanium Backup, and restore them after flashing. All your apps will work fine.

Captivated1.0

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha... Thanks. I have 'backed up' my personal information with the Lookout app program, does this work the same way as that titanium program I wonder? If so, I'm good there.. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find the necessary files to update my 2.1 (update)? Sorry for all the questions people, really appreciate the help!

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha... Thanks. I have 'backed up' my personal information with the Lookout app program, does this work the same way as that titanium program I wonder? If so, I'm good there.. Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find the necessary files to update my 2.1 (update)? Sorry for all the questions people, really appreciate the help!

Lookout only does contacts/pictures/etc. No apps.

What update are you talking about? If you plan on flashing Serendipity, there is no need to update at this point.

Reactions: Captivated1.0

Captivated1.0

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
The update I am talking about was the latest '2.1 -update1' AT&T releases late last year. I was checking the over the air update option on my phone the other day (after doing this only 1 or 2 times since owning the phone since February) and actually was able to find an update. I was thinking I was going to get the recently released froyo 2.2 update but after completing the process, i found out it was actually the previous update they released, the 2.1 -update1, update... That's what I'm running now. So I'm wondering if I'll just need the 2.1 version of this serendipity or what... Sorry, I must sound like a broken record..

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The update I am talking about was the latest '2.1 -update1' AT&T releases late last year. I was checking the over the air update option on my phone the other day (after doing this only 1 or 2 times since owning the phone since February) and actually was able to find an update. I was thinking I was going to get the recently released froyo 2.2 update but after completing the process, i found out it was actually the previous update they released, the 2.1 -update1, update... That's what I'm running now. So I'm wondering if I'll just need the 2.1 version of this serendipity or what... Sorry, I must sound like a broken record..

There isn't a 2.1 version of Serendipity. If you flash Serendipity, you're getting 2.2 with it.

Captivated1.0

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, what I meant was the specific files needed to get serendipity up and running on my 2.1 (update 1) phone... Didn't you say that there are different files needed for both a 2.1 and a 2.2 captivate? I was just wondering if there was going to be a problem with using the 2.1 serendipity flash files for my 2.1 update1 phone. Does that make any sense? : P also, where might these files be so I can download them?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, what I meant was the specific files needed to get serendipity up and running on my 2.1 (update 1) phone... Didn't you say that there are different files needed for both a 2.1 and a 2.2 captivate? I was just wondering if there was going to be a problem with using the 2.1 serendipity flash files for my 2.1 update1 phone. Does that make any sense? : P also, where might these files be so I can download them?

Ah, I see what you meant.

The issue isn't with the ROM, but with the way you install Clockwormod (which you need to flash it). There's a few extra steps if you were on 2.2.

First, download this file, rename it update.zip (make sure it doesn't become update.zip.zip) and put it on your INTERNAL SD card. This is clockworkmod recovery. Then download Serendipity from here, and put it on your internal SD. Make sure you have your contacts, etc. backed up.

Power off, then enter recovery by holding down both volume buttons and the power button. Let go of the power button after a few seconds, but hold the volume buttons until you leave the AT&T screen. You should boot into a blue and black menu. Select "reinstall packages" and let it do its thing. When it reboots, do it again. You should instantly be in clockwork (green menu).

Now go to "install zip from sd card" and then "choose zip from SD" and navigate to where you put Serendipity. From here you can follow the 2nd set of directions on Serendipity's site.

This should really be a sticky guide. Maybe I should get on that :)

Reactions: Captivated1.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781