Android market over WiFi
Flash Player
External Speakers
Earphones/Headphones
WiFi
SMS

What should NOT be working:
Data/Internet
GPS (But does that really work anyways? xD)
Auto rotation (Maybe..)
Ending a call..
Possibly other things

Last edited:

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Finally giving this a go for the first time.

Flashed back to 2.1, waiting for the battery to fill back up, and off I go.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
...aaaand I'm off to try my first run of CM (ever) before I go back to GB BLs and a ROM that can make it past a day of light use and still have some battery left. And no MIUI Weather, really?

I'm not expecting much from CM7 in the way of battery but I figured I'd try it out while I already have MIUI guts on the phone.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
...aaaand I'm off to try my first run of CM (ever) before I go back to GB BLs and a ROM that can make it past a day of light use and still have some battery left. And no MIUI Weather, really?

I'm not expecting much from CM7 in the way of battery but I figured I'd try it out while I already have MIUI guts on the phone.

Maybe if you put the damn thing down for a few minutes it'll last longer ;)

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You guys have any problems restoring apps when on miui? My tibu didn't like this rom.

Edit: and yes I was restoring apps only, no data. :)

Sent from my extremely awesome Captivate.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here last time I tried. Had 5 appps force close every 30 seconds. Otherwise I would have tried it for longer.

Konxaii, how often were you getting force closes on CM? I rarely get one anymore, and most of my apps have been through tibu, data and all.

Sent from my Captivate

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I was using Glitch kernel and only ran CM7.1 for two-ish days but something FC'd daily.

I tinker/fidget a lot (as you know), so there's that too. lol

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I would hope so.

I don't see why it isn't up to the standards other devices are used too. The Cappy always seems to (undeservedly) keep some kind of red-headed stepchild status.

IIRC, the mainstream CM/MIUI devs never "picked up" the device- just a team of hardcore's that wanted to do it, just to do it. We're mostly an after thought in the Android world...wish I knew why.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
My $.02... probably not. Source is based off a phone that is not the same. The fact it works at all is somewhat cool, but work well? It has never been as good, IMO (CM7 inclusive) as a Captivate specific ROM (Samsung).

Not saying I do not like the features and look; I do. But from my usage, CM7 and MIUI are not as reliable or as fast as your typical Samsung custom ROM. I am sure I will get hate piled on now :).

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why it isn't up to the standards other devices are used too. The Cappy always seems to (undeservedly) keep some kind of red-headed stepchild status.

IIRC, the mainstream CM/MIUI devs never "picked up" the device- just a team of hardcore's that wanted to do it, just to do it. We're mostly an after thought in the Android world...wish I knew why.

You're trying to poke the bear, aren't you? :p

First reason is Samsung's choices for implementation. They did something funky with the boot method (something I'm not even going to begin to understand), and then they chose rfs over ext4/yaffs, creating a headache for developers of AOSP ROMs. They also have big problems with closed-source drivers, so the CM devs are having to MacGuyver drivers with what source is available and the Nexus S drivers. Add to that the fact that CM has been working on HTC devices since the beginning of time, and it seems the stars are aligned against the Galaxy S phones. Lucky for us, the devs have done amazing things and managed to get this stuff relatively stable.

In short, Samsung needs to learn how to write software like everyone else does. And open-source ALL their drivers.