hanging on at+t screen how to recover?

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
hi,

so i didnt do enough research and tried to flash cog 3.04 using rom manager. it failed obviously and now my phone hangs on at+t's screen on boot

when i try to boot to recovery mode it hangs on the at+t screen aswell

all the videos i have found to flash back to stock require you to be able to turn the phone on and put it into usb debugging mode

i cant do this because it wont boot properly

how can i flash back to stock so i can go about installing cog 3.04 properly?

i backed up with tb and rom manager backup before trying to flash the rom

any ideas?

edit: also solution must work using macs

Last edited:

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so looks like odin is windows only is there a way to fix this problem with a mac?

i can get into download mode but not sure what to do next

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i just realised i have a way bigger problem

i did recorded two interviews for my thesis using voice recorder on the phone and i stupidly attempted to install this new rom without backing them up

is there any way to access the files on the phone(if they werent deleted by rom manager before the installation of the new rom failed) so i can see if i can recover these two interviews?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok i just realised i have a way bigger problem

i did recorded two interviews for my thesis using voice recorder on the phone and i stupidly attempted to install this new rom without backing them up

is there any way to access the files on the phone(if they werent deleted by rom manager before the installation of the new rom failed) so i can see if i can recover these two interviews?

you are going to need to use Boot camp and partition your mac so you can install windows Apple - Support - Boot Camp

or you will need a pc

if you saved those directly to the phone stoarage i dont know how you will be able to retrieve it but if you saved it to the sd card you can use a card reader

Irish#AC

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
you are going to need to use Boot camp and partition your mac so you can install windows Apple - Support - Boot Camp

or you will need a pc

if you saved those directly to the phone stoarage i dont know how you will be able to retrieve it but if you saved it to the sd card you can use a card reader

its the internal sd card on the captivate that it was stored on as i dont have an external one so i guess thats those interviews gone

man i went to the trouble of backing everything up the night before and then did the interviews without even thinking ****

live and learn

used odin got it back to stock, all the files were still there absolutely delighted, backed them up and cognition 3.04 is now booting

phew

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy