Boot Animation Help

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm running cognition and was trying to change to a custom boot screen. When I go to move/rename the bootanimation that cognition put there it says its read only and i can't get rid of it. How do I get around this?

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've run across this question before and as far i know you cant but to be sure go over to"xdx developers" if thers a way around it they'll know

mikeymopar

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You can change it with adb. There are a couple of videos on this but I personally am having problems with it. adb recognizes the phone but won't do a remount in order to change the protected files. Per some other threads, I've ensured the phone is rooted and has busybox (running di11i v6 ROM), but still no go. I'm going to try more later (never enough time...).

Anyone have any ideas???

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
You can use Root Explorer to delete the bootanimation.zip file under system/media and then replace it with your own bootanimation.zip file - you'll need to change the permissions in Root Explorer to R/W. I personally have issues with Root Explorer letting me do some of these things, so I normally create a Clockwork Mod (CWM) flashable .zip file and boot into recovery and install the .zip file from recovery - it moves the files into the correct place on the phone. I do not recommend this route though if you do not have any experience making these types of files. If all else fails, I would check out XDA too.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the input guys and feel free to continue discussing but i've already moved on to another rom anyways. ahhh....the life of a rooted phone user. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC