kernel questions

Brodie05

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Ever since upgrading to 2.2 my battery life has been terrible. I have read that changing the kernel can help this so I have been trying to flash the latest version of suckerpunch. I used SGS kernel flasher and seemed to work (the suckerpunch flashed upon start up) but when I got to settings-> about phone -> it says I am still using the old kernel. I have read that I need a I9000 modem and mine says its I897UCKB1. I couldn't find if this modem is compatible or a good tutorial on how to flash a new modem. Anyone know what I am doing wrong and how to correct it?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you are running stock 2.2, I do not think you can flash most of the kernels available. There is one I think that would work, the same that Cognition uses.

It often takes a couple charge/drain cycles for your battery to report normally after a new ROM is loaded. I would guess it settles down on its own.

imperceptus

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Same issue

I just flashed a new voodoo kernel and the sgs app worked perfectedly. Upon restart the process was successful. However, when I check about phone, It still shows the old kernel version. How do I verify what kernel I am using?

Im running a deodexed version of 2.2 by adrynalyn and attempting to flash ec10 voodoo over eb01 nonvoodoo

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed a new voodoo kernel and the sgs app worked perfectedly. Upon restart the process was successful. However, when I check about phone, It still shows the old kernel version. How do I verify what kernel I am using?

Im running a deodexed version of 2.2 by adrynalyn and attempting to flash ec10 voodoo over eb01 nonvoodoo

I think you're in the wrong forum, those sound like Epic (or maybe Fascinate) firmware versions to me.

Are you using SGS kernel flasher? I never got any confirmation after a reboot with that. Check in the Epic forum, someone over there will probably be able to help.