Rom manager reinstall packages help

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to install my first custom ROM (Serendipity 6.3), and want to do it manually through ROM Manager, so I know it's done the right way. When I reboot my device into recovery with CWM, I see the following:

reboot system now
reinstall packages
delete all user data
delete cache data
format internal sd-card

I know I need to select "reinstall packages" so I can create a nandroid backup, etc., but when I select it, the following happens:

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Is there any way that you know of that fixes this? Thanks.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you on Froyo? See this.

BTW, ROM Manager on Samsung phone =/= the right way. You can use it to install clockwork (once you get rid of the signature verification), but after that it's better to do it manually.

Reactions: ibejack96

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you on Froyo? See this.

BTW, ROM Manager on Samsung phone =/= the right way. You can use it to install clockwork (once you get rid of the signature verification), but after that it's better to do it manually.

Thanks... that's what I meant when I said, "do it manually through ROM Manager." I just meant to say do it manually lol

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
so to download serendepity to my phone ill have to go back to eclair.....?

Loaded question. Since you are asking, then yes it probably is, in that you can reference the documentation provided in this forum (videos too) for step by step detail. I do not mean that in a bad way at all, just in case you took it that way :).

All you REALLY need to do is get a new Recovery loaded and flash the Serendipity zip. If that sounds greek to you (any Greeks please see DISCLAIMER), all the more reason to start with the guides. He was saying that, without saying it (that is what I heard at least!).

EDIT-

If you have ROM Manager installed already, then you can make sure that you have Clockwork flashed from ROM manager, reboot into recovery, and install zip from SD card romofchoice.zip and boom goes the dynamite.

Standard legal mumbo jumbo about backing up, yadda yadda. All that is in the videos :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech