From the creators of Serendipity...

Features:
Based on I9000XWJVB (2.3.3)
Modem I9000UGJK4
xcaliburinhand kernel
Touchwiz 4 Launcher, Icons, Widgets, and Keyboard
Extended power menu
5 lockscreens + Lockscreen Wallpaper
"Stay Awake" under Development settings.
Wifi scan interval increased
Bash shell
Deodexed, rooted, zipaligned
Ad Blocking
Big APN list
CRT Animation
Accurate Battery Mod
RAM Hack, SD Card Fix
Home Button Haptic Feedback

Source: [ROM][JVB][2.3.3] ?? GR-9 ?? **4/29** A Taste Of SGS II - xda-developers

As much as I'm against flashing bootloaders...I might try this. Touchwiz 4 looks pretty awesome. Anyone loading this up?

Reactions: konazxiii

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
You still haven't made the jump to GB bootladers yet? IIRC, it's no different (pertaining to the primary and secondary bootladers install) than flashing JF6 through Odin one-click.

I'm restoring my apps on this ROM right now. It is an early edition, as advertised, but I do imagine it's going to have Mike and Chance's quality wrapped up in there.

TW4 seems to not like my phone, or vice versa. This version though is (so far) the most stable version I've tried. I get a strange fast flash of black between screen/animation transitions- if it's supposed to be there it may have just not be implemented well? Some versions were so wonky I had to reflash C5 noboot (then resore) just to fix what it broke.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You still haven't made the jump to GB bootladers yet? IIRC, it's no different (pertaining to the primary and secondary bootladers install) than flashing JF6 through Odin one-click.

No, and I don't plan to. I'm going to make a new thread for a discussion on that subject, and I'll explain why there.

TW4 seems to not like my phone, or vice versa. This version though is (so far) the most stable version I've tried. I get a strange fast flash of black between screen/animation transitions- if it's supposed to be there it may have just not be implemented well? Some versions were so wonky I had to reflash C5 noboot (then resore) just to fix what it broke.

It might have to do with the fact that it's been shoehorned onto a phone/version of TW that it wasn't meant for. There's sure to be some compatibility issues.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean that MikeyMike and ChanceM aren't going to make a Gingerbread version of Serendipity? I know that's a stupid question, and the answer is almost definitely no, but I just wanted to make sure. I know that TW4 is pretty awesome, but personally, I prefer more of a stock-looking ROM, and the GR-9 ROM isn't flawless yet.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean that MikeyMike and ChanceM aren't going to make a Gingerbread version of Serendipity? I know that's a stupid question, and the answer is almost definitely no, but I just wanted to make sure. I know that TW4 is pretty awesome, but personally, I prefer more of a stock-looking ROM, and the GR-9 ROM isn't flawless yet.

I think this is the direction he's going for the new ROM. You can always slap a launcher on there, and I'm sure someone is working on a stock gingerbread themed ROM.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800