Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need Help Finding a Way to Install Apps from SD Card

Hi, I have a Samsung Captivate from AT&T. I recently downloaded a .apk file on my SD card hoping that I could run it on my phone. Unfortunately, when I try to run/install the file from my Captivate, it says "Install Blocked for security reasons". After researching I saw that I could easily fix this problem by doing Setting>Applications>Unknown Sources. Except I have one big problem. The Unknown Sources setting is not on my phone. Please help finding a way to install the .apk apps onto my Captivate from another source besides the Android Market.

Additional Information: I have a MAC so any outside application also have to work on MAC.
    THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!

You will have to use something called "The Sideload Wonder Machine" (:
    I'm not sure about running it on a Mac though I used a PC for my friends phone. But I do know you'll need android sdk installed so it can pull special drivers from your phone.
    Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 06-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Thanked by:

Just checked, and it will run on a Mac.
    Last edited by NUNsLAUGHTER92; 06-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Default Re: Need Help Finding a Way to Install Apps from SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by sawellem View Post
    Please help finding a way to install the .apk apps onto my Captivate from another source besides the Android Market.
    Additional Information: I have a MAC so any outside application also have to work on MAC.
    I use Android Injector but not certain it would work on a MAC.

Quote Originally Posted by sawellem View Post
    Hi, I have a Samsung Captivate from AT&T. I recently downloaded a .apk file on my SD card hoping that I could run it on my phone. Unfortunately, when I try to run/install the file from my Captivate, it says "Install Blocked for security reasons". After researching I saw that I could easily fix this problem by doing Setting>Applications>Unknown Sources. Except I have one big problem. The Unknown Sources setting is not on my phone. Please help finding a way to install the .apk apps onto my Captivate from another source besides the Android Market.

go to att support, and talk to a live chat rep... they should be able to enable unknown sources for you. you still won't have the check box, but you will be able to install any app you want.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks to those who replied... I will try all options and I will give a response ASAP!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by 4mryooper View Post
    I use Android Injector but not certain it would work on a MAC.
    No, it does not work on a MAC but thank you for your time for trying to help me