looking for some advice for someone that's never used an android

jmb12177

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here the deal, I am a crackberry addict, but my wife has the samsung captivate, right now it is still running 2.1 and she has been wanting me to update her phone. I am at a compleate loss of how to do this. So I'm looking for a good how to, and some advise as well, she wants me to be able to back up and restore everything she has on her phone (yes, apps too). And I was thinking if I am going to do this should I just use the 2.2 from att, or would it be better to install someone's custom rom, and what is recomended to be the current best. Also I heard of ppl over clocking the captivate to 1.2r ghz and it being stable, and not effecting battery life, is this true, and how dose one do this?

Like I said, I am a blckberry user, and have been so for 5 years, so I never even played with it, the more detailed steps to doing this the better, and if it matter I run a 64 bit windows server os on my pc

Thank you in advance

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: looking for some advice for someone that's never used an andr

Stick with the official update. You don't want to support a device that is not of YOUR kind. You know what I mean. I did a thoroughly not thorough search and did not see it. Someone will likely post a link below this post.

There are selling points about the custom ROMs. But you do put the phone into a... vulnerable state regarding warranty work, without more work from you required to fix it yourself. Return to stock. Since you are doing it for someone else, just stick with stock, since then you can throw your hands in the air and tell her to call ATT to fix it, and it will work. The fixing I mean. You will still get the 'tude from asking her to call for her own phone, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. Another night in the doghouse for me. What time is it?

There is a mini-kies update to 2.2, that you will want to get done. There will likely be a 2.3 update in a similar fashion. This is similar to a BB upgrade, but way less polished. :) I say this with love.

jmb12177

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: looking for some advice for someone that's never used an andr

Good point about avoiding custom roms, thank you. And that is one thing I love about blackberry, even thought it may not be to most powerfull thing out there, or most advanced, from beging to end, it is very well thought out and polished, can customize the whole thing with out any apps. And very secure, no other device have Gov. Level secrurity.

Thanks again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc