Is there any ROM I can flash that will let me use att sync

kralco626

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I installed a kernal and rom on my captivate. forum.xda-developers .com/showthread.php?t=1045160

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I90000XWJVB0CL118186root@linux #0.1.7-talon-dev Sat May 14 14:59:58 EDT 2011

Mod version: Continuum v5.5 by Cezar (icezar1 @ xda)

Build Number: GINGERBREAD.XXJVO

Everything has gone great. Love the new rom, except the hepatic feedback does not work when you touch the screen.... anyways back to the point.

I need to flash back to a rom that will let me sync my contacts with att so I can export them an then load them into google and then flash back to this rom.

Is there any rom that will let me do this without having to change the kernal, the boot loaders etc...?

Thanks so much for your help!

P.S. if anyone knows how to fix the hepatic feedback....

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You should not need to export anything, if the contacts are currently in your phone. So long as you have a google email account on your phone, go to MENU-ACCOUNTS click on your Goog account, and make sure it is syncing contacts. If you then login to a computer, into your gmail, you should see your contacts there. The last thing you will want to do, is make sure when in your CONTACTS, that the default location for contacts is your gmail, not the PHONE or SIM.

The first time I did this on mine, I had to manually delete the contacts that were on the SIM (this is the 'old' way ATT handled it) or I would have duplicates after I got things on The Goog.

As to your haptic feedback... you are running an i9000 ROM (Continuum). Very good ROM, but it is not built specifically for the Captivate, and I believe the haptic feedback is one of the casualties. You do get the high speed upload though, so if you tether a lot, i9000 might be better.

I would recommend a Captivate specific ROM to resolve the haptic, but you will lose the high speed upload, which is not very noticeable, unless you tether a bunch. Which to load is good question, as there are new Captivate builds coming out frequently, probably in the run up to an official 2.3 drop. I had great use from Cognition 5v2, and am currently running Pinnacle. Also solid so far. CM7 is also a very good choice for our device.

Good luck.

kralco626

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
As for the contacts, they are not on my phone, thats the problem. Anyways i flashed back to stock, downloads the contacts from att sync, exported them, loaded them into google. So now I'm good on that end.

But! Now i cant get the internet to work on the Continuum ROM! I ran the a modem fix that I had run before and it still didn't work. Not sure what i'm doing wrong...

kralco626

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, I got the internet to work using reorient_G#6 kernel....

But I sware I had the internet working before using the talon kernel, and I think I liked that better.

Does anyone know why I can't get the internet to work using 2.6.35.7-I90000XWJVB0CL118186root@linux #0.1.7-talon-dev Sat May 14 14:59:58 EDT 2011

kralco626

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Since web isn't working, try going into Settings->Wireless & Networks-> Mobile Networks->Access point names. Did this help?

I really appreciate your response. However, once I got it working with the other kernal, I tried the talon kernel again and it just worked... Idk if the other kernel changed a setting.... but I literally have downloaded the talon kernal 5 times. It worked that first time, then I could not get it to work... and now it just worked again...

idk, but thanks everyone for your support!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty