Not finding Unknown sources under settings..

kodi_nbk

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
recently i unlocked my captivate with the code which att provided and was trying to install amazon(.apk file) to download free app it provides daily

can any one help me out in this....

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
recently i unlocked my captivate with the code which att provided and was trying to install amazon(.apk file) to download free app it provides daily

can any one help me out in this....

AT&T blocked sideloading applications (apps not from market) for older model android devices.

You can either learn how to use ADB commands or you can use :

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-central-sideload-wonder-machine-v-1-2-a.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-amazon-appstore-sideload-wonder-machine.html

Digital-Frontier

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a sidenote, you failed to mention what version of android came on your captivate.

AT&T released an update to enable sideloading (AT&T sideloading officially a go, designed to allow Amazon Appstore downloads (update) -- Engadget). Best bet is to get in touch with AT&T to find out how to get this update.

Also, you could upgrade to the leaked version of Gingerbread (2.3) that is floating around, which has sideloading enabled. I wouldn't recommend this method if you don't feel comfortable downloading and installing the update on your phone.

Hope this helps.

kodi_nbk

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Just a sidenote, you failed to mention what version of android came on your captivate.

AT&T released an update to enable sideloading (AT&T sideloading officially a go, designed to allow Amazon Appstore downloads (update) -- Engadget). Best bet is to get in touch with AT&T to find out how to get this update.

Also, you could upgrade to the leaked version of Gingerbread (2.3) that is floating around, which has sideloading enabled. I wouldn't recommend this method if you don't feel comfortable downloading and installing the update on your phone.

Hope this helps.

can u let me know where can i get this....

sharpobjek

May 26, 2013
Visit site
i was given a samsung captivate from att. with 2.1update-1 firmware and doesn't have unknown sources. now what i did i downloaded the KIES MINI. my phone was updated to gingerbread and everything just follows. no sweat for me. well, hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae