Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By konazxiii
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Nook: CM7.1

Default Problem parsing the package??

Whenever I download any non-market app, (maily trying to get netflix on my unrooted 2.1 cappy) I get the error message "There is a problem parsing the package" Nothing I do opens the actual app. Sorry if this has been ask, I just really want Netflix

EDIT: I'm also unable to download netflix from the web market
    Last edited by MoonlightSoldier; 10-06-2011 at 08:49 PM.

ROM
    Ultimatum 4.0.3

Default Re: Problem parsing the package??

The Netflix app doesn't work on 2.1. That explains why you can't see it in the market.

You should be able to update to official 2.2 (via Kies Mini) and run Netflix just fine after that.
    kcrandall758 likes this.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

what konazxiii said
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM

Yes, I know why it wasn't showing up and stuff, but I've never been able to figure out how to update because 2.2 was OTA. Neither computers I used would correctly download the drivers and Kies never detected my device. I'm fine with running 2.1 until I get a new phone, but I'd like to be able to use netflix which is why I've been trying to download the files off of links that I find. I'm decent with technology, I just have no idea how to update, I've followed samsung instructions and what I've found here on Android Central.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

yea...unless you get up to 2.2, you can't use netflix. you can do what I did when I had my cappy, and install the leaked version of 2.2. root the phone, find the leaked build, and voila. or - download the drivers from here as well as Kies Mini, and give it another whirl that way
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM

So, I downloaded Kies Mini, I need to download the drivers to right? Doesn't a zip file require a program to open it with, and thats what kind of file the device drivers are on, so does anyone know what program I can use to open the zip file?

ROM
    Ultimatum 4.0.3

^Click on the software tab, download the Kies program, install it on your Windows PC, make sure Kies is up to date, and make sure you download the drivers from Kies as well.

After that, barring a malfunctions on your PC or device, it should allow you to install official AT&T stock 2.2. It'll either be version KB1 or KB2....either is fine.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

check this link for drivers:

as far as unzipping files, windows has built in extraction methods.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM

Windows keeps asking me if I want to install the drivers because they can't verify its publisher, do I install it?

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSoldier View Post
    Windows keeps asking me if I want to install the drivers because they can't verify its publisher, do I install it?
    yes
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM

First, thank you a lot for helping me through this, I know it probably seems like I'm completely stupid, second, do I turn on USB Debugging like I've seen in some guides, I have it set to Kies mode already.

EDIT: Now I went back into kies with the drivers installed and windows still says it can't find drivers, should I install the drivers to Kies when it asks me where I want to install them?

ROM
    Ultimatum 4.0.3

No. Just install the driver through the Kies program and move on from there- it knows where to put them automatically- it doesn't ask where, it just installs them.

If Kies fails, you can try this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM

Do I just download that and use it through Kies?

Quote Originally Posted by konazxiii View Post
    No. Just install the driver through the Kies program and move on from there- it knows where to put them automatically- it doesn't ask where, it just installs them.

If Kies fails, you can try this.
    If you're going to point him to ROM flashing, might as well go all out ;-)

UCKI2 "stock" gingerbread leak, 2.3.5
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM

Kies doesn't seem to work for me at all, but I still have no idea how to root or "flash" a ROM, If I can't even update my phone, I don't know if I'm ready for messing with my phone.

ROM
    Ultimatum 4.0.3

The good thing is- a solid/true Captivate "brick" is a rare bird. They are solid in terms of recover-ability.

Truth: Rooting is technically not even necessary to flash a ROM. All you need is Odin and a proper kernel.

I was scared/worried at first too- and I had never "hacked" a phone before this one. Now, it's so easy the biggest problem for me is getting ahead of myself and forgetting/missing a step. lol

I'm not trying to talk down, but to boost your confidence.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM

I'd like to try flashing a rom, but no drivers i download work and I can't seem to connect to samsung customer support.

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

what version of windows are you using?
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kcrandall758 View Post
    what version of windows are you using?

I'm using Windows 7, I think 32 bit because I downloaded the 64 bit international Galaxy S drivers trying to see if they work and they said they where incompatable

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.23, stock

I never had a problem with my Win 7 32 bit installing the drivers for my Cappy when I had it... when I get home, let me see what drivers I have and where I DLed them from, and point you in that direction.