Bloatware

a.rogers1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I know there is probably a thread somewhere with this information in it and I just can find it. I have rooted my phone and enabled side loading. The next thing is to get rid of the bloatware. I tried to use titanium backup to do so and it reboots to a blue screen and I have to select reboot for the phone to come back on and it fails to delete it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is another way to hide or get rid of the bloatware. Please help point me in the right direction or give me an answer please. I have worked and worked on this problem. Thanks.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
You probably need to use something like Root Explorer to give you the proper rights to delete those files from where they are. Since you are rooted anyway, have you considered loading a custom ROM? You can get a stock look and feel with Root and bloat gone for you. Cleaner slate to start from.

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I know there is probably a thread somewhere with this information in it and I just can find it. I have rooted my phone and enabled side loading. The next thing is to get rid of the bloatware. I tried to use titanium backup to do so and it reboots to a blue screen and I have to select reboot for the phone to come back on and it fails to delete it. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if there is another way to hide or get rid of the bloatware. Please help point me in the right direction or give me an answer please. I have worked and worked on this problem. Thanks.

Try freezing it using Titanium Backup as opposed to deleting it.

nbell978

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Buy root explorer, open it up and navigate to the system/app directory, and delete the apk files for the bloatware. Then reboot your phone. Another option would be to rename the apk's, stick .bak on the end.. example: filename.apk.bak.... this won't actually delete it, but will remove it from the app drawer.

a.rogers1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I have not looked into loading a custom rom. If you can point me in the direction of a good post to read up on them I would like to look into it.

a.rogers1

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
i got root explorer and found the file but it will not let me delete or rename the file. Says warning file is read only cannot delete or cannot rename.

Nero Jagger

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
There should be a little box on the top of root explorer that says Mount R/W press that and try again.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I have not looked into loading a custom rom. If you can point me in the direction of a good post to read up on them I would like to look into it.

Check out the main sticky in the sub-forum here for Rooting and Custom ROMs. I think there are easier ways these days than what is in there, and I would be happy to give my $02 worth on that. But we should probably move that discussion into that forum. Learn Download and Recovery mode. We can pick it up then in that forum :).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech