superoneclick root do I need to factory reset 1st ?

BERN-ie5

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Captivate with 2.2. ~ I want to root it trying the superoneclick root method. What precautions do I need to take ? I have probably over 200 apps installed & NO, I dont have them backed up ( I dont know how ~ yet ) Will I lose everything & then have to re~install it all again & im also afraid of my phone reverting back to 2.1 ?

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Captivate with 2.2. ~ I want to root it trying the superoneclick root method. What precautions do I need to take ? I have probably over 200 apps installed & NO, I dont have them backed up ( I dont know how ~ yet ) Will I lose everything & then have to re~install it all again & im also afraid of my phone reverting back to 2.1 ?

rooting the phone does not delete anything, nor revert your back to previous software verisons. it opens up the phone to allow you to do things such as back all your apps up using software like Titanium Backup. but as far as deleting things, thats not something you have to worry about.

chrisphoenix9

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
DON'T DO IT. I used that root and it nearly killed it. Use Odin. I also recommend installing Cyanogen. Since i installed Cyanogen, my phone has better battery life and is more responsive than my Atrix. Seriously, don't use super oneclick. It doesn't work correctly on the Captivate. It will for a couple of weeks and then poof, your phone is slow as fudge in syrup.

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
DON'T DO IT. I used that root and it nearly killed it. Use Odin. I also recommend installing Cyanogen. Since i installed Cyanogen, my phone has better battery life and is more responsive than my Atrix. Seriously, don't use super oneclick. It doesn't work correctly on the Captivate. It will for a couple of weeks and then poof, your phone is slow as fudge in syrup.

actually if you revert back to 2.1 first it works great. 2.2 and later.....not so much.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Installing cyanogen pretty much bricked my captivate! it didnt have the market installed so i installed it then I couldnt use it because it wouldnt let me sign in with my gmail account, only account support was exchange. So I used odin to flash stock back and now its bricked. I'll probably never use cyanogen again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC