dropped phone, black screen, can it be fixed?

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
i dropped my captivate & now the screen is black with a few diagonal and horizontal lines on it. is there any hope of salvage? is there any way to unroot if i cannot see anything on the screen?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
No, it sounds like you are SOL. Sorry! Hopefully that will mean an upgrade to something and not a hit on the wallet.

Good luck.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-...ory-restore-samsung-captivate.html#post683308

The above method will allow you to perform a factory restore to remove any signs of rooting with the use of Odin and your computer. All you need to do is perform the proper button dance to boot into Download mode on your phone which you don't need a screen/display to achieve. Once properly done, Odin will recognize the device showing your in fact in Download mode and can continue.

I have used this method myself and suggested it to others on the Captivate's sister phone the Samsung Epic 4g.

Why? If Sprint or Samsung decides to just replace the display when the boot the phone up they won't see any sign of you being rooted then to default you on the warranty.

rouxster

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
good idea. i ran the master clear with odin, and it says "master clear finished". is that all i need to do to factory reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith