New Visual Features In Gingerbread 2.3.5 (with pics)

Alex.Kim

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So here are some pics of the Gingerbread 2.3.5 for the Captivate. Sorry about the poor image quality, but I can't take screenshots because I don't have root anymore. :(

Anyways, the first thing you'll see is that the notification area is now themed black like stock Gingerbread. The 3G, signal, and battery Icons are also themed.
mRWj5.jpg

The notification box is also themed. It looks just like the Galaxy S2's notification area.
fa8h9.jpg

The Touchwiz launcher has remained almost the same. The only difference is that it has infinite scrolling (you can now scroll from the last page to the first page).
KgQ9x.jpg

A small change I've noticed is that when you scroll up or down in menus, you can't go any lower or higher than the first or last item. If you go too low or too high, it'll just make a blue gradient.
yrUbA.jpg

Also, the data network mode toggle was removed from the power menu, but it can be found in Settings-->Wireless and network-->Mobile networks-->Use packet data
CBeP1.jpg

Overall, the Gingerbread experience feels much smoother. I hope you all enjoy it! :)

rich250

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
you can try pushing the home and power button at the same time for screenshots,my skyrocket works like that so maybe the captivate will also with gingerbread

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI..I found a non-root screenshot app that works great, first one I have found. It wasn't expensive at all, just $3.99. The trial is for a few free screenshots. Called Screenshot UX.
Trial

https://market.android.com/details?...sMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmxpdmVvdi5zaG90dXh0cmlhbCJd

Paid app:

https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5saXZlb3Yuc2hvdHV4Il0.

Here is a screen I just captured with the free version. I am liking this app so far thanks for sharing the link Kelly. And props to the op for the screens.:D

b803891e-f4fe-1e58.jpg

b803891e-f599-1544.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alex.Kim

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Here is a screen I just captured with the free version. I am liking this app so far thanks for sharing the link Kelly. And props to the op for the screens.:D

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I REALLY like this app, does what they have said, works on non rooted phones and works just like any app, download from the market and go. I have used the shake option, but I have now made the camera button small, put it in the upper left corner (since you can edit the size of the button to push in the options), but i might move it to the right. I also set the time out to about 2 mins for it to stop capture. When I reloaded it after my GB update caused me to do a reset, it was a little different, I think...or I never noticed the following before:

Now when you want to add a shortcut to your desk top, tap and hold like normal, select add shortcut, then, don't choose app, scroll down and you will see a "start service" button and after you have it all set up with a decent time out, you can just click that to start the service.

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I just added it to my Kindle Fire as well so will be able to see how it works on a rooted KF. But yea, this is a nice app..I'm certain to purchase it! Gawd knows I've tried every button combo there is with the stock cappy device and none of them work for me so this app is a def keeper! :D

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh I have tried every button and I even made a screenshot once when I wasn't trying, on accident. So there is some way to do it.

Everything I have seen for non rooted phones, you had to still hook it up to your PC and do a good bit and then if you turned your phone off, you had to hook it up again and start the service again. This is the only one I have found that seems to work like just a regular app, you know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21