lock screen Quidunc Froyo/Gingerbread

tsusala1951

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I have an odd question (I think)

Dear Forum Leaders: I am a REAL newbie at forums, if I have mad this new thread in error please advise me and I will attempt to search threads more thoroughly in the future.

When I upgraded my AT&T Captivate from the stock OS to Froyo in Feb of 2011 I noticed on the lock screen the verbiage "Swipe glass to unlock." However, after about an hour of using the phone with the newly installed OS I was given the option to eliminate this verbiage leaving the lock pictogram and "Phone Locked" in its place.
Now that I have Gingerbread installed on my phone this IMO "awkward phrase," "Swipe glass to unlock." remains on my phone when I hit the button on the unit's right side.
I tried to contact Samsung Tech Support Chat and explain my situation and after three attempts to explain that I wanted to know if there was an option to eliminate the verbiage, "Swipe glass to unlock," I received repeated replies referring as to how to use the "SWYPE" function of the keyboard. I graciously acknowledged to the Tech Rep that there was a language barrier, albeit written, so I let it go.....

So, Friends and Neighbors: IS there in fact a provision on this unit to eliminate this clumsy phrase from the un-lock screen???

Thanx to all in advance

Tom Susala
t.susala@att.net

TechGuy21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing and it annoys me too. I haven't found a way to remove the verbage. I've been searching since my upgrade to Gingerbread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech