Help Please! No 3g..

amy_3gs

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm posting this question for my girlfriend. She's had a captivate for about 2 months now and as of the middle of last week, the 3G has just disappeared. WIFI works fine, but no 3g. I have reset the phone to factory settings, powered down and taken out battery numerous times with no luck. All of our other phones including my pantech link and samsung epic work fine on 3g in the house but it doesn't. Any suggestions? I've read online that others have had this problem in the Louisiana area..we are in Mississippi. Let me know! Thanks! :)

txGeek

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
There's also a battery app that allows you to manually disable 3G, you might install that and see if it can toggle it back on.

HTH!
Bill

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming you mean that it lost its wireless data connection (3G/Edge) when you say it lost its 3G. Mine magically lost the information a while back which annoyed me since I was on the road. See if her phone lost its Access Point Names (found under Settings, Wireless and network, Mobile network [or something similar to this]). It should have one saying ATT WAP with the info there. If it isn't you'll have to re-enter the information so her phone can connect to the ATT network.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae