Help! Ics rom

Neutril

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok bought the phone at 2.1-upgrade 1, upgraded to 2.3.5 and rooted. Finally got the man courage to install a custom ROM. First attempt, soft bricked phone. Well learn from mistakes right? Flashed to stock 2.1-1 and got back to rooted 2.3.5. Now read closely,
FLASHED Teamhacksung ICS build 12(YouTube ICS CAPTIVATE[kids name is like datmexicankid] and there's the xda forum I followed) got stuck in boot loop. While still in boot loop, I did 3 button combo to recovery(I have corn kernel 7.05 BUT it went to cwm recovery with the ROM manager background?) And installed the ICS build 12 again and it worked normally. Anyways installed latest gapps as well. Boots perfect, I go and get titanium backup to restore my apps(I'm on straight talk so I wanted apn backup and restore back)after restoration I reboot. And now everything crashes! It constantly pops up 'unfortunately, process android.process.media has stopped. Same with messaging, Gmail,email, browser, everything! Except for apps. Like go SMS, dolphin browser(which I'm using to post this), angry birds, etc. I really need help on this one! I think its cuz I restored with tb! If so how do I unrestore? Haha but seriously, need HELP!

Last edited:

spagman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I would try by uninstalling all your apps first...Ive had a similar problem when I used TB and did a batch restore. So uninstall all the apps....then see how your phone runs and if you still have crashes, then add back your apps one at a time....every couple apps that yo install test the phone .

Reactions: Neutril

Neutril

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I would try by uninstalling all your apps first...Ive had a similar problem when I used TB and did a batch restore. So uninstall all the apps....then see how your phone runs and if you still have crashes, then add back your apps one at a time....every couple apps that yo install test the phone .

Actually I took my SD card out and rebooted and all was fine! Cleared data and cache for like everything and reinserted SD and all was calm :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc