Now That We Know the Date, Getting It?

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
So now we know it's available July 18th. I think I'm sold. Would like front-facing camera and flash, but really not sure how much I'd use either. I think almost not at all. Other than that, this phone is pretty darn good.

Anyone else decided?

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm extremely interested in the Captivate, but I want to wait and hear some first-hand accounts and reviews of it before I bite. Mostly interested in knowing how badly ATT screws it up.

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from an iPhone 3G and am excited to try something new and something fast (my iPhone is dog slow).

I get the AT&T worry as well. I'm comfortable with rooting mine and plan to do that either if I don't like what AT&T has done or the 2.2 update is not quick in arriving.

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes

Would be in line on Sunday, but will be out of town. Manager is holding one till 23rd when I can get to the store. Can't wait... Been waiting for new phone since Oct 2009 on AT&T. Had the Pre-Plus for 25 days, but couldn't get good 3G or Edge reception on a road trip. Really wanted an Strong (1GHz) Android, but got Pre cause couldn't wait any longer.

demp_D-1417

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I plan to purchase the Captivate. I wish ATT would provide more detail. I will be on vacation also when it comes out and would purchase it while on the road.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely going to check it out. Just got the Aria yesterday and LOVE it (coming from an iPhone 3G). If I like the Captivate better, I'll return/exchange my Aria for it.

Pretty sure I'm sticking with Android OS though!

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I plan on checking it out. I am not going to buy anything that I haven't played with at first, so I will try to get a look see on Sunday or Monday. I had a chance to get a hands on with the Droid X, and it is nice but I would prefer something a little smaller. I like what I have heard about the captivate and the fascinate for that matter. But I'll have to get my hands on one to decide. I am out of contract from Sprint as of last week, and we are definitely switching to AT&T or Verizon. Played with the iphone 4 and liked it, but would prefer a larger screen. So I'm thinking Captivate or Fascinate.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm DEFINATELY getting this phone on Sunday! I have a $50 gift card for Best Buy I got when I pre-ordered the white iPhone 4 and now I'm going to use it for the Captivate instead!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The unboxing videos are beginning to show up on YouTube now and the more I think about it I may try this over the Droid X now. Just have to keep watching them.

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I was just at the AT&T store in my area. I asked the manager if they had a dummy on display and if they were going to take any pre-orders. He told me that they don't have a dummy and they are not allowed to show them until the 18th. He said they would not be taking pre-orders and did not anticipate any supply issues. He said that they will open at the regular time on Sunday and expect sales to be a little more than the Aria, but not anywhere close to the i-phone so no special arrangements are planned. He told me that if I wanted I could call in before I came in to make sure they still had some.

Zotz

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Surely - I plan to buy two, for me and my son. We'll get them online from Costco's wireless partner as soon as they become available. I'm upgrading from a Moto Q9h, which has been a solid and versatile WM6 device, but does not have much of a future left. Unlike so many Death Star haters, I've been satisfied with AT&T, and have especially liked being able to simultaneously talk, text, and tether my laptop. I'm confident that rooting and sideloading will make this new phone all it can be.

ghudson

May 4, 2010
Visit site
My household is planning to buy 2 of these. I have already talked to a rep at my local At&t store who will be holding 2 of these beauties for me. Very excited.

jake21

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
If the price is $350 out of contract I might seriously consider it. I did not like the lump or price on the vibrant or price options (no 1 yr option). Does the captivate have the same lump? The lump on the droid x (top of phone) doesn't bother me; but i found the one on the vibrant (bottom) very uncomfortable.

simulator

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just played with the T-Mobile model. Monster beautiful screen. And the UI didn't seem bad at all. It did seem a little laggy to me but who knows how much bloatware was running in the background.

I am definitely going to swap my aria for it.

elbodude

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does this phone have the voice input button on the keypad like other Android devices? I can't tell from the videos I have seen.

thanks!