Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] about using the Captivate on T-Mobile.

I was considering buying an unlocked version of the Captivate on Amazon and using it on T-Mobiles $30 prepaid plan, but after doing some looking around the intro-webs I've seen a lot of conflicting things about whether or not 3G data will even work on T-Mobiles network.

Just a quick question, I live in Lancaster, PA. Will I be able to use 3G data on a Captivate with a T-Mobile SIM?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1, 4.0.4, 4.0.4

Default Re: [Q] about using the Captivate on T-Mobile.

More than likely eventually but not until they finish refarming their 2g network over to the att 3G frequencies.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: [Q] about using the Captivate on T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinX View Post
    I was considering buying an unlocked version of the Captivate on Amazon and using it on T-Mobiles $30 prepaid plan, but after doing some looking around the intro-webs I've seen a lot of conflicting things about whether or not 3G data will even work on T-Mobiles network.

Just a quick question, I live in Lancaster, PA. Will I be able to use 3G data on a Captivate with a T-Mobile SIM?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    We did that yesterday, my wife had the Captivate on ATT, it will work on EDGE only, for now. T Mobile are in the process of installing LTE and when they complete it in your location, then you will have 4G via LTE which is what we were told. Anyway, it runs great on wifi for date, but until the new LTE is done your stuck on EDGE. We are in NC. You must go to the local TMobile site for specifics.

T-Mobile announces LTE, prepares to take the US wireless market by storm | ExtremeTech
    The Practical BBQ'r !