Just a few thoughts.

Ken B

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Voice Dial OVER Bluetooth?

Currently I own a Fuze with a custom rom and have decided to upgrade. I have studied into the Captivate, Vibrant, and Epic and feel the Epic would best suit me because of the physical keyboard. And I have also just been looking into the Dell Streak and that also interests me. But I have some reservations. Voice dialing over blutooth is a MUST. The Fuze does this beautifully and I have about 1500 contacts. I have studied and read in every place I could find and it's going to take Froyo 2.2 before that is possible on these android devices.

With that being said, I was at T-Mobile and looked at the Vibrant, and also at AT&T looking at the Captivate. I almost bought the Captivate today, but when they let me pair my Plantronics Voyager PRO to test if by chance AT&T had worked out the voice dialing over bluetooth, it was a no go.

So, my bottom line is that I think I will wait and see which carrier/manufacturer has their unit upgraded to Froyo before I upgrade. If anyone has something to add that would help me get voice dialing over bluetooth NOW, please let me know. Thanks!!

Last edited:

gdigenis

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a nexus one and the x10 and I use the voice dialer that is built into the phone most of the time. I put a shortcut on my homescreen and find it works great. I am so used to it that I forget that froyo has voice dialing built in on the nexus. why can you not use the voice dialer built into the phone now and use the better version when froyo is available?

Ken B

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Voice dialing OVER bluetooth..

I have a nexus one and the x10 and I use the voice dialer that is built into the phone most of the time. I put a shortcut on my homescreen and find it works great. I am so used to it that I forget that froyo has voice dialing built in on the nexus. why can you not use the voice dialer built into the phone now and use the better version when froyo is available?

Hi gdigenis, I realize that it has voice dialing from the phone, but I usually keep my Fuze on my hip and don't touch the phone and just voice dial over bluetooth on my headset. As far as I know, this is not possible on the Captivate until it updates to Froyo, so that is why I am waiting to see which of the Galaxy S's or the Dell Streak has the Froyo 2.2 on it.

Ken B

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Dell Streak

Like I said in the 1st post, the Dell Streak interests me also and if it releases with Froyo, that will be my phone. I think it is coming real soon to AT&T and you should be able to purchase it straight from Dell. Here is a sign up for a 24 hour pre-sale:

simulator

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in the 1st post, the Dell Streak interests me also and if it releases with Froyo, that will be my phone. I think it is coming real soon to AT&T and you should be able to purchase it straight from Dell. Here is a sign up for a 24 hour pre-sale:

I think its getting released with 1.6. Seriously.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The Streak is just too big for my tastes... the Captivate is certainly big, but I couldn't imagine stuffing anything larger into my front pocket.

JackImageX

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The Streak is just too big for my tastes...

So true. That thing looks like it's having trouble trying to figure out if it's tablet or a phone.

And why release the phone with 1.6? Have they been working on it so long that they couldn't get a 2.1 OS built with drivers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1