Samsung touch screen compared to HTC's touch screen?

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick question about the Captivate. I just got myself an HTC Aria and I love how easy it is to use the touch screen on it. Its extremely responsive. Now my sister has the SamSung Instinct on Sprint and the touch screen is horrible compared to HTCs touch on the Aria. Im thinking about taking the HTC back to AT&T and getting the Samsung Captivate. I am just worried about the touch screen on it and if it will be like the Instincts? If the touch is as good as HTCs Ill get it. If its not, then Ill stick with the Aria because despite its size, its an extremely fun and responsive phone. Any thoughts?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Instinct was/is not a high end phone. The Captivate is. Look at Phil's benchmarks and initial impressions of the Captivate if you have any concerns.

alias3800

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I second Kyle's statement. Plus, I think what you're referring to is not so much the screen but the responsiveness and speed of the device to your touch. That's mostly determined by the components of the phone (chipset, ram and gpu included), which is really where the Captivate shines. Like Kyle said, it's a high-end phone, and (imo) you can't go wrong with it.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Did the instinct even have a capacitive touch screen?? I think it was resistive.

Trust me, it's a world of difference compared to one of the Galaxy S phones. The touch screen is of a much higher quality than the one HTC uses (not that theirs are bad), and the processor is almost MUCH beefier than the Aria's. You should see even more responsiveness on the Captivate.

bct

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I went and got mine today, no response issues. My wife got an Aria <30 days ago and after playing with mine (phone), she returned her aria for a capitvate too.

As for screen resolution, wifey says captivate much better than her Aria, which was pretty good to begin with.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante