Captivate is now on sale on the AT&T site

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T's site trying to add the phone as another line on my family plan. But the only data service it will let me select is the 200MB a month. Anyone else having this issue?

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
The Walmart price is $15/mo more than I pay now, so getting the phone for free would cost me $360. So not worth it for me.

The off contract price is higher than I expected given the $199 upgrade price.

Android phones appear to be coming out at quite a clip. I don't want to be "suck" on one phone for two years, but I guess I can pay cash now or pay cash later when the next phone come out.

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a family plan that I can add one more line to for $9.99. Does this qualify as a new activation under the Wal-Mart terms?

Not sure. I just tried to do it and it only has the option of switching to a current voice plan and I'm on a grandfathered Cingular plan so it isn't worth it for me.

The Walmart price is $15/mo more than I pay now, so getting the phone for free would cost me $360. So not worth it for me.

The off contract price is higher than I expected given the $199 upgrade price.

Android phones appear to be coming out at quite a clip. I don't want to be "suck" on one phone for two years, but I guess I can pay cash now or pay cash later when the next phone come out.

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait till 10am cst when the cell phone part of the store opens up and see if they can do an upgrade without changing anything and if the phone is cheaper then $199 go there. They have the Bold 9700 for $75-80 and it is $199 on contract and I think $450 off at AT&T so I'm hoping it's around $100 or less in Walmart.

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I just checked walmart.letstalk.com, and it is willing to let it go off contract for $229! If you hurry, they will have to honor that and cannot change it -- it is still in stock.

cyberranger

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I just checked walmart.letstalk.com, and it is willing to let it go off contract for $229! If you hurry, they will have to honor that and cannot change it -- it is still in stock.

This seems too good to be true! So I can get it for $30 more than in the AT&T store, take it to AT&T to be activated, and not be under contract??!!

Guess there would be an activation fee.

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Where exactly did you see it at walmart.letstalk.com for $229.99 off contract. It doesn't give you any options to buy the phone off contract.

Renthal

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's in the upper right corner under the dropdown, 'choose purchase type'. It's also possible to click on the phone and then choose it from within the next page.

Last edited:

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You guys are awesome. Thanks for the links. Just post my order. Hopefully it goes through. Didn't do overnight shipping, because I didn't see the option for it. I guess I was too anxious to complete the order.

awtryau89

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered one as well. I know the price is a mistake but I am assuming they will have to honor it for us. I did overnight as well just so they would expedite this and give me the deal. If they try to change it on me I will just cancel. WOW!!! Great find guys. Glad I looked on here this morning. Now let's delete this thread so they don't get bombarded with orders and not honor this price.