Need some help

DrDubzz

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I just picked up a captivate this afternoon, replacing my 2G iPhone.

I like the phone but I'm having some problems. I had 3G connectivity all afternoon, but when I got home and connected to my computer (iMac) the first time a screen popped up about connections and I X'd it out, as it didn't seem useful (whoops?) and now I don't show that I have 3G connectivity.

Also, when I connect the phone to my computer should some sort of interface show up? I know it's connecting because it brings up iPhoto to download the pictures on my phone.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue with connecting to my Mac, so:

I looked for drivers on Samsung website and I only see drivers for Windows.

So is there no Mac support for the Samsung?

I will continue to find a resolve.

DrDubzz

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok, both the mass storage and the double-twist posts were very helpful. Thanks guys

Also, I got my 3G going again by restarting the phone :)

Redneckbutlerboy

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, both the mass storage and the double-twist posts were very helpful. Thanks guys

Also, I got my 3G going again by restarting the phone :)

Nothing wrong with a good reboot from time to time but if you don't want to for what ever reason, go into flight mode for 30sec to 2min and then turn it off. That turns off your connection to the mobile network and then makes a fresh one. Sometimes if you just made a short trip you may be stuck on a tower a little bit further away and doing that or a reboot makes it grab a closer tower.

DrDubzz

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with a good reboot from time to time but if you don't want to for what ever reason, go into flight mode for 30sec to 2min and then turn it off. That turns off your connection to the mobile network and then makes a fresh one. Sometimes if you just made a short trip you may be stuck on a tower a little bit further away and doing that or a reboot makes it grab a closer tower.

thanks for the tip! I appreciate it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital