How come the soft keys don't stay on even if the screen is still on?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone just wanted to see if everyone noticed this. The soft keys go off in like 5 seconds if you don't touch them regardless how long the screen timeout is. So I have my screen set to 30 secs and the keys go off so quickly. You have to touch the keys so they won't go out. This is an issue in low lighting areas because I can't see the keys anymore if I'm watching a video or reading something. So I kind of have to guess where I'm touching. I find myself pressing in between keys often and sometimes the incorrect one will activate. Anyone else seeing this? Any way to change those settings?

atlkr5

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Seeing the same, and my previous phone buttons where switched so I keep hitting the Menu when I want home. I would like them to stay on when the phone is active also.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I reaaaaly wish there was a way to keep em on whenever the screen is on. Anyone else notice a weird grid in the light of the buttons? I have a vibrant as well and its light has a more white clear crisp look to it.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Do the lights come on when you cover the proximity sensor? The light sensor on the hero turns the bottom lights on when in dark places automatically (on 2.1)

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree. This was something I was noticing also. I love how people post up the same stuff you were thinking about, basically a reminder. It would be cool if someone found a workaround for this.