Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

well, i'm trying a new approach now. i had tweetcaster set to check every 5 minutes, chnanged to 1 hour, had the weather channel widget thing in the notification bar that i think updates every 5 minutes, got rid of that. also had facebook set not to every 2 hours, lowered the brightness, and changed my greader settings as well, lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by anneoneamouse View Post
    I'm showing 1m 1s of phone call ate 4% battery.

Assuming fully charged, nothing else running, that's only 25.4 minutes of talk time - not even 10% of the spec'd 5.5 hours.

Ugh.

AoN
    I think you may be reading the meter wrong.
    Look at this:

The meter says 21% usage for voice calls.... it doesn't mean the voice calls account for 21% of total battery life, rather it just accounts for 21% of what has been used since the last time I had a charger plugged in (whether I fully charged or just plugged in to transfer a file real quick)
    Thanked by:

Last time I plugged in, I had charged to 100%.

Tapping on the "Voice Calls" for details, the legend under the graphic (which for me indicates 4%) says "Battery used by voice calls", and use details "Time on 1m 1s".

Which is how I arrived at (1 & 1/60) * 100 / 4 ~ 25.4 minutes

I'm not sure how else to interpret this?

AoN

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

what battery widget/program does everyone use? I'm using BatteryTime Lite, but I have a feeling it's not reporting the % left correctly...

Tapping on the "Voice Calls" for details, the legend under the graphic (which for me indicates 4%) says "Battery used by voice calls", and use details "Time on 1m 1s".

AoN
    ...so it showed using 4% when you hit zero battery?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

AoN
    Quick question: Did you check directly after charging the phone? (As in, your battery went from 100-96% in about a minute and change.)

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Soo I'm new to android and it may even be something I have installed. But when I have less than 10 percent battery I can't open the music player it just close and says low battery .anyone else have this?
    Banned

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Out of nowhere my battery is phenomenal. Don't know why, didn't change anything. Its been holding at 77% for a good hour now. epic

Anthonok, yes - same experience here. AoN

Quote Originally Posted by mojonation1487 View Post
    Out of nowhere my battery is phenomenal. Don't know why, didn't change anything. Its been holding at 77% for a good hour now. epic
    Mine's been unplugged for 3:45 and with moderate usage today I am at 85% now...

Yesterday I went from 6:00 AM until 7:30 PM before it finally died with moderate usage and no plugging in.

So it seems to be getting better.

Also, Froyo should help with battery life if it makes the processor work less (as is suggested by the benchmarks).

But the biggest power sucker is the display...

Another thing that may help with display drain:

Anytime you set down the phone, just hit the power button first to put it into locked mode. It turns off the display immediately, rather than waiting for the 30 second delay.

30 seconds may not seem like much, but it adds up after a while.

For my first full day with my Captivate, I took it off the charger around 9am and plugged it back up close to 3am. The battery was at 20% (moderate to heavy usage). Light internet browsing, checking 2 email accounts hourly, moderate texting, moderate to heavy app usage. I think this is pretty good. I just need the phone to make it through an entire day.

My settings-

No window animations
    Auto brightness OFF, and as low as it will go
    Screen timeout 15 seconds (although annoying sometimes...I may change this)
    Power saving mode UNCHECKED (I don't want the lcd brightness adjusted, it's already as low as it will go)
    No widgets updating in the background

*Battery is a big deal to me, so all my settings are attempts to make it last as long as possible
    Last edited by Simba501; 07-23-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added - My settings
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

How is battery life going for everyone? Better now that it's been a few days?

How are you reading percent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    How is battery life going for everyone? Better now that it's been a few days?
    Yes...I've noticed my battery life has improved (haven't changed my usage patterns)...

Is it me or does this phone take forever to charge? I plugged it in at 2 am last night with about 10% battery left it didn't say it was fully charged until 8:30 this morning!

Does the charging time ever get better? Maybe with more use?
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kmbro90 View Post
    Is it me or does this phone take forever to charge? I plugged it in at 2 am last night with about 10% battery left it didn't say it was fully charged until 8:30 this morning!

Does the charging time ever get better? Maybe with more use?
    I noticed this on day one. Very slow to charge, and I doubt it will not get any faster.
    bct

Download Advanced task killer to kill or see the running processes. Then you can kill them if you want. I've went two straight days without a charge this week, but I only had a few calls, few emails, and also like above user said, click power button to immediately shut down screen.
    Original Member

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bct View Post
    Download Advanced task killer to kill or see the running processes. Then you can kill them if you want. I've went two straight days without a charge this week, but I only had a few calls, few emails, and also like above user said, click power button to immediately shut down screen.
    Before anyone takes this advice please see this thread.

i didnt do much except text and use google talk over this period

Nice graph.....the defining "smartphone" graph. lol

after completely draining the battery last night, my phone has done much better with battery life today. its been unplugged since 2 PM and now its 4 AM and im at 4% battery life. ive used it pretty extensively today so im impressed with how much it improved in the span of just a day.

Mine has been getting a LOT better.

I have mine set to only use wireless towers for GPS, screen brightness the whole way down, no screen animations, 15 seconds shut off, WIFI doesn't turn on and off all everytime you close the screen it is always set to on, and for S&Gs I turned off the haptic feedback.

I have a quick question. When I get my Captivate, I assume the battery will probably be ~50%. Would it be better to charge to full and then do all my fun set-up, or just use it straight away and drain the battery fully. If I should charge it, can I do my setup while it's charging?

i dont get why everyone wants to turn the display all the way down, we have this big beautiful display that looks amazing , if u turn it down all the way i cant see it that well.. if you turn off the live wall papers and turn back your rate at which it checks for updates etc your will save alot more batt life.. i still have live wallpapers up, but all the push notifications are off.. i check when i open the app.. and i have screen brightness at like 3/4 maybe alittle higher.. and with mod to low usage i went about 32 hours since plugged in and was at about 12-14% left on the batt
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast