Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

I get ridiculously good battery life, I strongly suggest using a stable ROM like Andromeda3.

I get about 36 hours of battery life with it. Also turn brightness all the way down and just use the notification bar brightness slider thats built in when youre outside.
    www.galaxysfroyo.com

Yeah I'm coming from a Magic (myTouch) and have found that battery is quite a bit worse than I'm used to. Granted, and as mentioned, what I've been doing is not exactly the same as normal usage, but, all the same. It's quite low.

Any advice about undervolting (can you do that through setcpu or do I have to figure out how kernels work?)

Also, out of apex, miui and serendipity which one will yield the best battery life?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I came from an HTC Inspire 4G and im very pleased with the captivates battery life.

My battery life has gotten much worse. I have to say I have everything stock with Froyo and leave everything on - bluetooth, gps, etc. But I barely get a 7 hours use out of the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
    My battery life has gotten much worse. I have to say I have everything stock with Froyo and leave everything on - bluetooth, gps, etc. But I barely get a 7 hours use out of the phone
    I bought a new spare battery for $5 when I started having horrible battery like yourself. That fixed it, turns out my 7 month old battery was just worn out.

Just be aware that its not a samsung made battery but works great anyway.

Default Re: How's your Battery Life?

I bet the next battle between droid and iphone will be over battery. SOmeone is going to figure out how to get us batteries that last up to a week i bet. Just wait a year or too.

Hello All,
    I have had my Captivate now for close to a year. We have had always had poor signal strength inside our house, so we introduced an AT&T micro cell into the mix about 2 weeks ago. I’m not sure if it is the cell or the vanilla Froyo we are running, but the battery life on the phones have decreased majorly within the last 2 or 3 days.

ROM
    Teamhacksungs ICS port

My Captivate gets about 20 hours of use before I have to plug it back in. I'm running CM7 with the CPU underclocked to 800Mhz, scaling is set to ondemand. I also use the true Gingerbread launcher (which is actually really nice, some developer has it for free in the market). Brightness is manually controlled and I change it quite often depending on if I am inside or out

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android

When I had the official FroYo build my battery life was pretty fail, got about 8 hours then it completely died and I had to charge again. Then I flashed the leaked 2.3.3 and that was about the same, only slightly better battery life. Then I flashed 2.3.5 yesterday. I started charging it at 9AM with 5% battery and unplugged it at 12PM and it was 100% full. I went the rest of the day on heavy use and at 11:30PM the battery was still at 70% (and when I went to bed a few minutes later it was still at 70%).

I wanted to see if it lasted through the night (Usually it would drain the battery pretty fast even if it wasn't being used) so I left it on all night and this morning at 9AM I looked at it, still had 66% and been using it all day heavily and it's at 50% as I type this.

Also, no random resets yet, something I had a lot of on 2.3.3

I turned it off and back on to test boot speed and it took 15 seconds to fully boot. 15 SECONDS.

ROM
    Antares Darkcloud by Me

Well on my WIP rom and my red nebula kernel, ROMs kh3 base kernel is kj3, I get quite astounding battery life. Usually I listen to music for at least a good 4hrs or more while at work and when I have a little downtime I check forums to see if anything new has came up or check my email. After that once I'm home I do quite a bit of reading on it and surfing the interwebs when not working on my rom or themes.

As far as settings I keep brightness right around mid way and have system sounds turned off, I run my cappy at a constant 1.4ghz oc btw, I turn all sync settings off other than mail and my forum apps. Other than that the only battery saver I use is Juice Defender Ultimate which really hasn't made a huge impact since I always turned data and wifi off when I wasn't using it anyways.

With that said on an average day with the stated use I get around 9hrs of heavy usage with about 15-20% left when I plug it in and have been able to get around 2-3 days in stand by which I think with the oc settings and no UV that's pretty good in my book especially when stock kh3 and all the newer leaks I would get around 6hrs if I was lucky with how I use it before going completely dead.
    My captivates setup:
    Rom: Antares Darkcloud based off KH3 (My Rom)
    Kernel: Red Nebula KH3 (Also by me)

Thumbs up Re: How's your Battery Life?

I've owned my Samsung Captivate for 11 months. It is my first smartphone. I charge it every day. When I use it at home connected to WiFi I have it plugged in. I carry my chager with me everywhere. I love my Samsung Captivate!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567