Access to URL has been blocked

gdbusby

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Davidk74: That turned out to be my same problem too. I havr never set the parental controls but they were turned on. Got new sim and turned off blocking. Works like a charm now. Back to loving this phone.

rev. big country#AC

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
davidk74 - sounds like you have a different solution for a different problem, i have tried the same solutions and have deamed it to be an account issue as well, i have an employee at my store that i set up with the captivate and he is unable to access the net, however when i put my sim in his phone the web works just fine. there are no parental controlls on the account, as well as i have swapped his sim card out for a new one. he had a blackberry previously that worked no problems with the internet, but when we place that sim back in the captivate it gives the "this url has been blocked" error.

other web stuff has been working ok
facebook
app store
weather
installed skyfire and tried to access web that way but got same error as native browser.

jillment

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to trouble shoot this myself in the AT&T store as they were trying to tell me the network was down, I surfed to this blog. They still couldn't find anything but told me I had :

Content blocker and Purchase blocker set to ON for my sons account.
Turned them off and it worked. So call their 1-800 number and get them to turn them off if you have a Captivate and URL blocked comes up for any 3G access.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
davidk74 - sounds like you have a different solution for a different problem, i have tried the same solutions and have deamed it to be an account issue as well, i have an employee at my store that i set up with the captivate and he is unable to access the net, however when i put my sim in his phone the web works just fine. there are no parental controlls on the account, as well as i have swapped his sim card out for a new one. he had a blackberry previously that worked no problems with the internet, but when we place that sim back in the captivate it gives the "this url has been blocked" error.

other web stuff has been working ok
facebook
app store
weather
installed skyfire and tried to access web that way but got same error as native browser.

I would call AT&T support. The guy at the store does not have the same account access as support.

bsulistioadi

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Assisted by AT&T Tech Support through live chat

Got the same problem
Always got the message: "Access to this URL has been Blocked" when trying to browse to internet with ANY browser, while other services like market, google sync, and facebook work fine.
arrived to one of at&t pages, maybe Business Center Support Home Page | AT&T
and chatted with one of the Business Technical Support Team from the AT&T Business Data Support. They found that my Parental Controls have been turned ON. Then they turned the Content Filter and Purchase Block off, and after a reboot, my SGH-i897 was able to browse the internet with no problem.

Y Budi Sulistioadi
SGH-i897 @ AT&T

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Got the same problem
Always got the message: "Access to this URL has been Blocked" when trying to browse to internet with ANY browser, while other services like market, google sync, and facebook work fine.
and chatted with one of the Business Technical Support Team from the AT&T Business Data Support. They found that my Parental Controls have been turned ON. Then they turned the Content Filter and Purchase Block off, and after a reboot, my SGH-i897 was able to browse the internet with no problem.

Y Budi Sulistioadi
SGH-i897 @ AT&T

I'm curious as to how these services, or in this case limitations, keep getting turned on/off mysteriously with no real action from the end-user. Verizon with data being mysteriously shut off and AT&T with Parental Controls. :confused:

seclm193

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Got the same problem

Y Budi Sulistioadi
SGH-i897 @ AT&T

This is the same problem I had. Was very annoying. I returned the phone to Walmart to have it replaced just to find out that someone turned on the parental controls and purchase blocker. Got it turned off and everything is gravy.

Belita Matras

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
How do i get my phone back up and working .my phone is blocked from too many pattern attempts . How do i unlock my droid 4 so i can start getting phone call and making phone calls .:-\