Problem with Camer/Memory

lendmeyoureers

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Every time I go to use the camera it tell me there is not enough memory available. This is odd seeing that yesterday everything worked fine and there is plenty of memory available. I did a soft reset (I think, removed the battery while the device was one) and that fixed the issue for maybe 10 minutes then it started all over again. Anybody have any idea whats going on? I'm a noob to Android, this being my first phone, so any help would be appreciated.

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Every time I go to use the camera it tell me there is not enough memory available. This is odd seeing that yesterday everything worked fine and there is plenty of memory available. I did a soft reset (I think, removed the battery while the device was one) and that fixed the issue for maybe 10 minutes then it started all over again. Anybody have any idea whats going on? I'm a noob to Android, this being my first phone, so any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure your camera is saving pictures to the SD card?

Lyanheart

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Without an SD card installed, the Captivate still has 16 gig of interal storage... unless you loaded it up with music or something already there is no way you're out of space. I don't have an SD card in mine at the moment, and it just saved to the phone. Maybe it means there is not enough RAM memory available? Do you have a task killer installed? Try Advanced Task Killer, free from the market, to see what you've got running on the phone that's sucking up all the memory (even though you STILL should not have this problem, even without a task killer).

Joeybear23

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Without an SD card installed, the Captivate still has 16 gig of interal storage... unless you loaded it up with music or something already there is no way you're out of space. I don't have an SD card in mine at the moment, and it just saved to the phone. Maybe it means there is not enough RAM memory available? Do you have a task killer installed? Try Advanced Task Killer, free from the market, to see what you've got running on the phone that's sucking up all the memory (even though you STILL should not have this problem, even without a task killer).

RAM? Holy cow, do you think he has that many apps open?

Perhaps he synched with all media with WMP and it fille dup thte internal card. (Almost did that when I noticed how much the synch was pulling over. I only have 6GB of songs, but I have like 20 GB of pictures on my computer)